Quantcast

Feature Request Attach image to post in conversation

Help Support Talkbeer:

Fenyx we have the ability to directly attach images to threads and as such don't need to use imgur/Photobucket/etc. (which is awesome!). However, you don't seem to be able to do that to posts in private conversations. Would it be possible to enable that functionality for private conversations as well? Thanks!
Put the direct URL between [ IMG ] [ /img ] (without the spaces)

No, I mean the "Upload a File" option. There is no URL. It's just a picture on my phone. This option isn't available in conversations.
Ah, sorry. I've always uploaded to Imgur before posting.

inb4 people start chirping about people being in big private convos.
What is this 25,000 page private conversation you're in with 300 people about, hmmmm?

I hear ya. In lieu of a fix, you can post to Imgur without publishing the pic to their site.
I... did not know this. Thanks for the heads up. I tried to use imgur a little bit around the time of the great "why aren't any of my pictures posting correctly" uprising and totally circumvented all of it once I found out about uploading files. I used photobucket for a long time but now they make it a pain to copy an embeddable URL with their beta update of the site that I can't seem to rollback :mad: Heck, half of the random gifs I find online don't seem to embed right when I try to do that either. I should probably move this to the first world problems thread at this point.

I... did not know this. Thanks for the heads up. I tried to use imgur a little bit around the time of the great "why aren't any of my pictures posting correctly" uprising and totally circumvented all of it once I found out about uploading files. I used photobucket for a long time but now they make it a pain to copy an embeddable URL with their beta update of the site that I can't seem to rollback :mad: Heck, half of the random gifs I find online don't seem to embed right when I try to do that either. I should probably move this to the first world problems thread at this point.
Everything I post to imgur is posted "private" mostly because they don't make you name your private posts.

Fenyx

Administrator
Staff member
Fenyx we have the ability to directly attach images to threads and as such don't need to use imgur/Photobucket/etc. (which is awesome!). However, you don't seem to be able to do that to posts in private conversations. Would it be possible to enable that functionality for private conversations as well? Thanks!
Your request is filled. Try it now.

Latest posts