Backcountry beer pics

Help Support Talkbeer:

On Saturday, we hiked about 5 miles up the Baker River above the lake and then kayaked back down. The trail ends 2 miles up so we didn't see anyone from mid-morning on. Good flow on the river (~400 cps). A little more water would have been nice, but not necessary. Ended up forgetting the RdG in the river and ran ~1.5 miles back up river to get it. Thought about just posting a GPS coordinate where it was for some other backcountry beer nerd to go find, but then worried that it would probably still just end up river trash and went and got it. Can't say I regret being able to drink it.

On Saturday, we hiked about 5 miles up the Baker River above the lake and then kayaked back down. The trail ends 2 miles up so we didn't see anyone from mid-morning on. Good flow on the river (~400 cps). A little more water would have been nice, but not necessary. Ended up forgetting the RdG in the river and ran ~1.5 miles back up river to get it. Thought about just posting a GPS coordinate where it was for some other backcountry beer nerd to go find, but then worried that it would probably still just end up river trash and went and got it. Can't say I regret being able to drink it.

Dang. I need to get out. Looks like you had some great trips!

Great shots, per usual, and thank you for taking care of our one and only planet! I appreciate it!

Nope. My friend actually swam to our site (which was one of the closer ones, maybe 3/4 of a mile) and commented how little she could see underwater. Maybe 3-5 feet visibility.
Yea we found it varied day to day. On our way back I could clearly see the floor, but our canoes were so loaded up that if I even leaned over we were flipping. The days I was camping I was either too drunk, dehydrated, or hungover to want to go out looking for them. :oops:

Just completed a big road trip between Denver and Jackson. Visited a lot of new (to me) places in CO and WY. Wish I was still out in the mountains instead of back at work. Sorry for all the blurry cans. Apparently I was too stoked on the terrain around me to capture a decent picture this trip.

North of Dinosaur National Monument

Grand Teton National Park.

Grand Teton National Park.

Southern Wind River Range.