Backcountry beer pics

Help Support Talkbeer:

Headed out for a 3 day bike tour of Death Valley this weekend. We decided to cache some water at the half-way point of our loop so that we don't have to carry 30 pounds of water each at the start of the trip and once we decided to do that, we decided we should probably cache some beer too. Might just dig a shallow hole, put the beer in it, drop some ice on top, and then cover with dirt. Will report back if the beers manage to stay cold for 36 hours.

Wow, bikepacking is hard. For a whole bunch of reasons (fitness, heat, road quality, gear), we bailed on our original loop and did a 2 day that brought us back to the car, then a day ride our third day. Which meant we never made it to the cache of beer. My friend that picked the cache back up said the beer was still pretty cold, maybe 50 degrees or so, but all the ice seemed long gone (it was buried a foot or so under the surface). Anyway, I only had one beer with me for the first day so this is my only backcountry beer shot. Have to plan a more reasonable tour next time....

Wow, bikepacking is hard. For a whole bunch of reasons (fitness, heat, road quality, gear), we bailed on our original loop and did a 2 day that brought us back to the car, then a day ride our third day. Which meant we never made it to the cache of beer. My friend that picked the cache back up said the beer was still pretty cold, maybe 50 degrees or so, but all the ice seemed long gone (it was buried a foot or so under the surface). Anyway, I only had one beer with me for the first day so this is my only backcountry beer shot. Have to plan a more reasonable tour next time....

Death Valley is legit one of the most amazing places on earth

Latest posts

Group Builder