Backcountry beer pics

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swivelhips1

Reaction score
Ok, starting up a proper thread where we can keep posting pictures of quality beer consumed in beautiful places. I'll kick it off with two from this weekend in southern Sierra Nevada.

2lswviu.jpg

A crowler of unicycle with galaxy courtesy of chongcheesol while climbing at Voodoo Dome looking south down the Kern River.

14j92s1.jpg

A Karl Strauss Mosaic session IPA for scale on a giant sequoia in the Freeman Creek grove. Even with the bottle, its hard to tell the scale of this tree.

Hey a thread I can participate in regularly. Here's a few to get started

DSC06009_zpsoizxjyvv.jpg

Cooling off some beers in Soda Creek with Broken Top in the background

DSC06016_zps8edpuoyx.jpg

The beers (Pliny & 14' 3-Way IPA)

IMG_8670_zps45v8f5ty.jpg

Breakside sour with Mt. Bachelor and Todd Lake in the background

I've got TONS of pictures that qualify for this thread. Just need to hook up my external hard drive and dig around for them

Hey a thread I can participate in regularly. Here's a few to get started

DSC06009_zpsoizxjyvv.jpg

Cooling off some beers in Soda Creek with Broken Top in the background

DSC06016_zps8edpuoyx.jpg

The beers (Pliny & 14' 3-Way IPA)

IMG_8670_zps45v8f5ty.jpg

Breakside sour with Mt. Bachelor and Todd Lake in the background

I've got TONS of pictures that qualify for this thread. Just need to hook up my external hard drive and dig around for them
Looks like you're in my neck of the woods! There's a loop around Three Sisters I've done a few times and will be doing so again this year also. Broken Top is one of the few peaks I can recognize at a glance aside from the Sisters.

Bonus pic: here's some Three-Way of my own chilling at the base of Mt Jefferson last 4th of July.

Looks like you're in my neck of the woods! There's a loop around Three Sisters I've done a few times and will be doing so again this year also. Broken Top is one of the few peaks I can recognize at a glance aside from the Sisters.

Bonus pic: here's some Three-Way of my own chilling at the base of Mt Jefferson last 4th of July.

Nice, it's awesome up there, just a little crowded on some of the trails. I think the lady and I are going to try our hands at the Wallowas and Hells Canyon this year. It'll be our first go at it, so not sure which trail we'll be doing just yet.

Man, had a killer time camping this weekend near Big Sur. Beautiful spot, great beer, awesome company.

Fresh draft pours of Silver Lies & Simple: Equinox at the campsite? Yeah I think I'll stay another night
image1_zpsfd8mxpcy.jpg

Taking in the view w/ a noice saison from DCLAguy11
image2_zpsbgwsoyvz.jpg

Silver Lies down on the beach
image5_zpseq7kgqrr.jpg

Morning after shot; not bad
image3_zpsyf26m2hn.jpg

Our campsite had a stump with a bunch of unacceptable bottlecaps embedded into it. We classed it up a bit.
image4_zpskfatdchy.jpg

Killer view up a nearby trail:
IMG_5211_zpsiittfgwc.jpg

Can't beat watching the sunset w/ good friends and a bottle of Four Legs Good - thanks everyone :)
imagehike2_zpsxrmeux4t.jpg

Man, had a killer time camping this weekend near Big Sur. Beautiful spot, great beer, awesome company.

Fresh draft pours of Silver Lies & Simple: Equinox at the campsite? Yeah I think I'll stay another night
image1_zpsfd8mxpcy.jpg

image2_zpsbgwsoyvz.jpg

image5_zpseq7kgqrr.jpg

image3_zpsyf26m2hn.jpg

Our campsite had a stump with a bunch of unacceptable bottlecaps embedded into it. We classed it up a bit.
image4_zpskfatdchy.jpg

IMG_5211_zpsiittfgwc.jpg

Can't beat watching the sunset w/ good friends and a bottle of Four Legs Good - thanks everyone :)
Is that Sand Dollar beach and camping at Plasket? If so, I love that place! Was there last summer! So fun!

image1_zpsfd8mxpcy.jpg

image2_zpsbgwsoyvz.jpg

image5_zpseq7kgqrr.jpg

image3_zpsyf26m2hn.jpg

image4_zpskfatdchy.jpg

IMG_5211_zpsiittfgwc.jpg

Hell yeah! Awesome shots. DCLA said he was headed up to Big Sur. Looks like the trip ruled. Who has the vizsla?

Back