Backfat: There are many questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1331747663_bear_playing_with_himself.gif

In The Death of Superman, the writers decided to have a character with no back story bring down the Man of Steel. Furthermore, the only "character development" that took place with Doomsday was when he crushed a tweety bird in his hand for no ****ing reason.

Why do you think the writers went this route and how would you have improved upon it?

In The Death of Superman, the writers decided to have a character with no back story bring down the Man of Steel. Furthermore, the only "character development" that took place with Doomsday was when he crushed a tweety bird in his hand for no ****ing reason.

Why do you think the writers went this route and how would you have improved upon it?
St. Louis style barbecue sauce is traditionally thinner with a more tangy flavor than its Kansas City cousin. Being at the crossroads of America, St. Louis style barbecue has many influences, so there are a number of ways of making this style of sauce. However, this sauce has many of the elements that make up St. Louis Barbecue.

pretty bird
I just saw that you asked why and yes just because I think they are pretty. My favorite bird by far is the Turkey Vulture. They are an extremely important part of the ecosystem even though most people think they are yucky. I researched them a TON in college. I actually did a 60 page write up on their anthropogenic nesting habits. Their scientific name (Cathartes aura) is sort of poetic meaning "golden purifier" or "purifying breeze". Cool eh?

I threw it into it.
So modest.

Patrick

So backfat is one of the few people in the world blessed with this gift and the other guys with this gift are very competitive. The gift is distance casting. Backfat and these guys are always stealing the guinness world record for farthest cast from each other. As you can imagine, things get pretty extreme when attempting to make these casts, and it takes quite a bit of effort. Well backfat was unaware that a fellow competitor named Tommy Farmer had snuck some time alone with backfat's reel. He placed a small loop knot about 75 yards down the spool. When backfat attempted this cast, he was trying to set a record that would never be broken again. You can imagine the amount of force used in a cast like that. Sure enough the world's biggest backlash and the sheer force of the cast combined with the quickest spool stop you have ever seen sent the rod flying straight into the pacific. Never to be seen again.

Back