Barrel Culture Brewing and Blending

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very interested in the fruited stuff...much less interested in a wild fermented milkshake IPA tho.

nFsSEk0.png

pgh_penguins Did the stuff you tried remind you of another brewery?

Definitely getting a lot of hype on local groups with "ghost bottles" and whatnot. Stuff definitely looks awesome. I just hope it has some funk and complexity to go with the tons of fruit they use and like to post so much about. If so, will be incredible to have in the area.

So looks like they're just waiting for label approval. Why is that so often an issue for breweries? Seems like they would've gotten it approved long ago.

More details coming later today per IG...really hoping they do some online sales like they said they were going to (with a window for pickup) since I'm not gonna be able to make the trip on Saturday.

More details coming later today per IG...really hoping they do some online sales like they said they were going to (with a window for pickup) since I'm not gonna be able to make the trip on Saturday.
I wouldn't think they would do an online sale given the picture of the wristbands.. but who knows.

I wouldn't think they would do an online sale given the picture of the wristbands.. but who knows.

They posted that they were going to do online allotments as well...as little as a week ago maybe IIRC.

But I haven't seen anything yet, so maybe they changed their minds.

They posted that they were going to do online allotments as well...as little as a week ago maybe IIRC.

But I haven't seen anything yet, so maybe they changed their minds.

They posted that the release will be done at the brewery...limits based on turnout.

right?!?! maybe folks are complaining there's too much fruit and not enough sour? Never had anything from them myself.

I haven't seen anything outright negative on social media.
Me neither. Everyone I know who has had it says its great, but then again, everyone I know who has had it has a direct connection with the brewery owner or brewer and isn't exactly my go-to for beer reviews. Either way, I'm glad to have another fruited sour producer in NC, especially if they do it right. If the base beer is good, I'll buy it and hype it all day.

When is everyone planning to show up? I think I am bringing a few beers to share

Couple people I know going said around 9 so I'll probably do the same. Come to think of it, I've never been to a release where sharing was allowed/tolerated. I'll bring some bottles.

#hihaters. I really don't know what to think of that.

I'm actually disappointed at the lack of hate.

250 bottles of each of the three beers. Limit 1 of each beer per person. I think the line will be 250 before I have my morning BM.

Back