Other Booze Barware thread

Help Support Talkbeer:

Not sure if this is the proper home for this but thought it was more fitting for breweriana because it focuses on tools more fitting the booze portion of this thread. I didn't see a thread on bargear/barware so starting this one here.
Bought this today. In pretty good condition and has some relatively simple touch ups. Can't wait to serve mulled wine from it

Yeah. I was a bit lost in the sauce when I made this thread. But I was thinking more of it being a place for people to share and talk about bar gear. I know there is the breweriana forum but I was thinking for this to focus specifically for non beer barware be it vintage shakers, cocktail coups, absinthe fountains etc.

Yeah. I was a bit lost in the sauce when I made this thread. But I was thinking more of it being a place for people to share and talk about bar gear. I know there is the breweriana forum but I was thinking for this to focus specifically for non beer barware be it vintage shakers, cocktail coups, absinthe fountains etc.

You having me shopping Etsy for Crystal... Bad News. I really like the travel bag. I have been thinking about asking one of my neighbors to sew me a roll for everything, but I need to figure out how to travel with my shakers.

My wife has a set of these for her office bar cart ... Anchor Hocking Park Avenue Rocks Glasses.

They are great, but we've only seen them at an antique store one time.

I really want to get a set for at home. I've found a couple online, but too expensive.

I have not. I'll check it out.
It fits with the other modern books you have. Ive found bar/cocktail books, especially more recent ones, tend to repeat themselves, rarely giving new informations. Ive started just skipping through them, not often reading any cover to cover. However, Meehan's Bar Manual, Morganthaler's bar book, Death & Co's book and Liquid Intelligence are all ones that are worth reading in full.

It fits with the other modern books you have. Ive found bar/cocktail books, especially more recent ones, tend to repeat themselves, rarely giving new informations. Ive started just skipping through them, not often reading any cover to cover. However, Meehan's Bar Manual, Morganthaler's bar book, Death & Co's book and Liquid Intelligence are all ones that are worth reading in full.
Agreed on the modern books, the PDT Book and 3-Ingredient Cocktails were a waste of money - not to say I didn't enjoy them, but they didn't teach me anything new have near the impact of Meehan's (I know PDT is his too), Morgenthaler's, and Death & Co's books - and based on your recommendation I am definitely getting Liquid Intelligence. I'll be placing the order as soon as I post this reply!

Thanks for the call out lambandtunaphish!

Just posted barware pics to Instagram yesterday because I got tapped to participate in something called the Home Bar Awards. Really big fan of the black cat jigger you can see in the first pic just above the mallet.
I count at least five of these things I have, including the mixing glass, Oxo measuring cup, both strainers (at least I think I have the same julep), spoon...

Sell me on the black cat jigger (or any jigger). Why do I want a jigger rather than the Oxo? I get it in a professional bar setting when you're moving fast (though from my untrained eye seems like bartenders do speed pourers more often anyway...), but at home what's the benefit (or is it just a nice product/looks like a cat)?

Working my way through Meehan's Bar Manual right now. I want to add Smugglers Cove to that list, if you have any interest in Tiki. Liquid Intelligence is an awesome book, though not as useful as the Death &Co's in my eyes.

it looks like a cat
I hate jiggers (woof - gotta be careful typing that). I got the other Oxo jigger pictured for free (it has measuring lines inside so I do like that). I always forget which side holds how much. I think jiggers are mostly a presentation/speed thing. I hate using them. Love the little Oxo measuring cup though - especially since you can drop it in shaker pint and it stops halfway down so you can let syrups drain slowly or to just get a messy jigger out of your hands/countertop.

Group Builder