US - Pacific Bay Area Thread

Help Support Talkbeer:

That's what the beer buyer for the big Oakland store told me. Seems like he'd know, and he wouldn't lie to me.
I'll take your words for it. I'm conveniently coming in from the east for Treasure Island early saturday morning so I'll check out the east bay stores.

Arbitrator

Not Patrick
I'm heading to Sante Adairius, likely tonight - anyone else down? I'm not bringing anything, but it would be nice to say hey.

I talked with the owner of Ledgers and he said he was talking to his rep and his rep has no clue where Merkin is. It's north of Vallejo but why its not in the East Bay, he didn't know. He suggested firing off an email to FSW and complaining.

I talked with the owner of Ledgers and he said he was talking to his rep and his rep has no clue where Merkin is. It's north of Vallejo but why its not in the East Bay, he didn't know. He suggested firing off an email to FSW and complaining.
Saw some in Dublin but sold out in about 20 minutes. Also saw some in Tracy(I know that's not the East Bay)

Arbitrator

Not Patrick
Can someone explain to me why The Rare Barrel, which has barely released any beers, is offering a $300 membership?

I'm trying hard to be polite before expressing what I think.

Arbitrator

Not Patrick
Yeah I get where you're coming from. The only reason I plan on joining I'd that they're so close to me. That makes the gamble worth it. I wouldn't consider it if I were out of state, and at your distance I probably wouldn't bother.
I'm not that far -- I'd give it a shot if I

a) cared about sours
b) had anything good from them
c) hell, had anything from them at all

Someone told me about it last night and I'm amazed that there's genuine excitement over this, requests for trustees, etc. I don't understand beer geeks anymore.

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg

People are basically risking $300 to get in on the ground floor. If the bottles turn out excellent, they are right in front for joining in 2015 and have a ton of trade bait or just good beer. If not, well, some people waste more than $300 on one order of The Bruery beer.

I'm not that far -- I'd give it a shot if I

a) cared about sours
b) had anything good from them
c) hell, had anything from them at all

Someone told me about it last night and I'm amazed that there's genuine excitement over this, requests for trustees, etc. I don't understand beer geeks anymore.

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
I'm shocked that anyone who lives farther away than I do cares at all.

I'm shocked that anyone who lives farther away than I do cares at all.
I'm about an hour away from them and joining, that said, I tried joining and the site is down. I'm gonna be gone for few days with no real service. Can't believe anyone outside of locals would be that interested and sell out the memberships. Would they?

I'm about an hour away from them and joining, that said, I tried joining and the site is down. I'm gonna be gone for few days with no real service. Can't believe anyone outside of locals would be that interested and sell out the memberships. Would they?
Yeah I tried to sign up and couldn't, even though almost all of my friends got in fine. I guess I was just slow enough that I got nexternaled. I e-mailed them, though. We'll see.