BC Beer Releases Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurkaholic

Reaction score
Let's get a thread for BC beer releases started over here. Got some awesome portland stuff landing this week

Ale Apothecary Sahati & Sahalie (has anyone tried them yet? I'm saving mine for the weekend)
Commons Flemish kiss, Urban Farmhouse and Brotherly Love (wasn't a huge fan of BL but adore the other 2)
Deschutes Fresh Squeezed 6ers are back
And closer to home the steamworks / brassneck collab, which looks interesting too.

I've had almost everything AA has released and these beers are both in my top 2,3. I am sure it is going to be pricey (they run ~$25 in Oregon) but WELL worth it.

Cheers!

Yeah, post CAMRA discount they worked out to $33 and $36 respectively - which is a heck of a lot, but certainly worth trying. We'll be opening ours tomorrow. I remain very pleasantly surprised we get distro of things like this up in Canada - Pfriem was a surprise, but Ale Apothecary is not something I'd have expected in a million years. I don't know how Untapped did it, but I'm very pleased they did!

Great to see Commons back in town now that they're back to doing their own distro too. Super happy about that.

Upright White Truffle Gose will make its way to BC soonish. Love me a gose so yup.

Yeah, post CAMRA discount they worked out to $33 and $36 respectively - which is a heck of a lot, but certainly worth trying. We'll be opening ours tomorrow. I remain very pleasantly surprised we get distro of things like this up in Canada - Pfriem was a surprise, but Ale Apothecary is not something I'd have expected in a million years. I don't know how Untapped did it, but I'm very pleased they did!

Great to see Commons back in town now that they're back to doing their own distro too. Super happy about that.

Planning on being up in the Motherland a few times this month (still tentative though). I need to drink with you broskis.

Last edited:
Planning on being up in the Motherland a few times this month (still tentative though). I need to drink with you broskis.

Awesome - hope so! Got some good stuff from PDX recently (should really post in the hauls thread, actually) which'd be fun to share with you if you make it up sometime.

On a more local front - I'm looking forward to the new batch of Central City IIPA for autism that's hopefully hitting shelves soon. Haven't had a fresh one in a while.

Rumours abound that GI brews are coming to BC in some capacity. Hopefully a similar lineup to Washington (ie everything)- especially with some of the sisters (Matilda? Something else too) showing up in Quebec recently.

Standing by for $40 BCBS fourpacks...

Rumours abound that GI brews are coming to BC in some capacity. Hopefully a similar lineup to Washington (ie everything)- especially with some of the sisters (Matilda? Something else too) showing up in Quebec recently.

Standing by for $40 BCBS fourpacks...

Heard this as well - no idea on timing

Jesus h Christ persephone IIPA is ridiculously good. I'm sure anyone reading this already has drank multiple bottles, but just in case that price point is putting you off - make it happen. Stunning stuff.

Op-ed: This shouldn't be so good. (F*** / thank) you, Mark brand. You've (ruined / reshaped) the bc ipa scene with a single beer.

I have so many beers piling up in my cellar plus 4 boxes arriving this week from ON and QC that I have been putting off buying anything but all this talk about this Persephone makes me want one...

My luck is now it sounds like its sold out

I have so many beers piling up in my cellar plus 4 boxes arriving this week from ON and QC that I have been putting off buying anything but all this talk about this Persephone makes me want one...

My luck is now it sounds like its sold out

Damon if you are free tonight and can make it down to the olympic village you can have one of the two I grabbed. Shoot me a BM!

Damon if you are free tonight and can make it down to the olympic village you can have one of the two I grabbed. Shoot me a BM!

Hi Thomas, thanks for such a generous offer!! I can't however take one of yours especially how good it is tasting. Besides, we have a 3 week old who is rather fussy at night so getting out of house is a pipe dream.

I do really appreciate the offer and hopefully we can grab a beer sometime soon.

Hi Thomas, thanks for such a generous offer!! I can't however take one of yours especially how good it is tasting. Besides, we have a 3 week old who is rather fussy at night so getting out of house is a pipe dream.

I do really appreciate the offer and hopefully we can grab a beer sometime soon.

Sheesh man, priorities! ;) Congrats on the kid.

Following the local liquor stores on twitter / facebook will tell you when most things hit shelves. Anything more in the future than that usually requires getting an importer tipsy... luckily there's at least one very well informed local in the Slack group that Kump mentioned.

Speaking of which, apparently Peche N Brett has arrived in Canada and is just going through the liquor control thing. Not many cases and most going to Alberta, but BC will hopefully get a handful of them. I find it hard to believe, but I'm going to keep hoping!

Some good second batch stuff out this week - Four Wind's Juxtapose Brett IPA and Driftwood's Belle Royale in stores now.

PnB is apparently either going to show up today or next week, depending on who you believe.

Back