Beatification Release Dec 14th @9AM

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stupac2

Reaction score
Behind Door #2... We are releasing the next batch of Beatification, our 100% spontaneously fermented barrel-aged sour beer ,or "Sonambic", on Saturday, December 14th! As you can see in the video we have just over 1,000 cases available! Beatification is a brewpub only release and will also be available on draft- yum! There will be a limit of 12 bottles per person at $18/bottle. A case of Beatification would look great under the Christmas tree! We will open at 9am that morning and have 2 options for our guests: there will be an area just for bottle sales if you want to get in and go. And anyone desiring a breakfast beer is welcome to join us in the pub. Hopefully lots of people will come out for this release so be prepared to wait for a bit. Vinnie and I will be there to personally wish you all Happy Holidays!

I think this sounds perfect. 1000 cases shouldn't sell out day-of (it was a similar amount and lasted a month last time, even factoring in a bigger allotment it should still last), their opening early means less waiting in a line, and a case limit means fewer trips up to get what you need. I can't wait!

Grandcanyon-mules.jpg

I like that they're doing two separate lines again this year. Made it easier for people who had to get to work that day.

Looking forward to be able to have a breakfast beer this year since it's on Saturday.

I will be in Vegas, I missed FFaC, hope I can get some of this for my regulars. Still be around the weekend after?

I will be in Vegas, I missed FFaC, hope I can get some of this for my regulars. Still be around the weekend after?

Almost certainly. Although if you're driving up to the area and you still have Parabola around you, I can grab you some Beat for an IP trade.

who wants to carpool from SF? I'll prob leave WAY early and take a lawn chair.

Surprised at the large bottle count. I always got the impression that it was hard to get. Definitely ISO.

Ok seriously......anyone wanna help a Midwest guy out :) fff maybe? Or maybe goandpickitupformebro?

....sidenote. Yum

Was the last release also ~12k then?
Wasn't the release before that something like 2k? I was in line for batch 4 but it ran out two people in front of me.
So like any good advocate, I yelled and cried and threw my poop.

If it lasts til xmas, I'll be able to buy some. It's my gf's favorite beer. If it doesn't, I'm still gonna go up for a pint.
Edit: It would appear 12k 375 mL bottles is just over 37.5 barrels FWIW.

Last edited:
Lovely--------- The day I am out going there they release it. Hopefully lines will not be too long as heading up to Eureka that day. If anybody wants to meet an expat I am always up for that.

Was the last release also ~12k then?
Wasn't the release before that something like 2k? I was in line for batch 4 but it ran out two people in front of me.
So like any good advocate, I yelled and cried and threw my poop.

If it lasts til xmas, I'll be able to buy some. It's my gf's favorite beer. If it doesn't, I'm still gonna go up for a pint.
Edit: It would appear 12k 375 mL bottles is just over 37.5 barrels FWIW.
...Batch 4 was not the last batch, batch 5 was. And batch 5 had "just over 1000 cases", so exactly the same amount.

...Batch 4 was not the last batch, batch 5 was. And batch 5 had "just over 1000 cases", so exactly the same amount.
Yeah, by last release I meant batch 5. And by release before that I meant batch 4. I was in line for batch 4.

Also, I found this:
Russian River #Beatification sold out in less than 30 minutes. 300 bottles/2 bottle limit. Lots turned away. #beer #craftbeer

1:34 PM - 19 Dec 2011
Batch 4 seems to have been a single barrel.

Yeah, by last release I meant batch 5. And by release before that I meant batch 4. I was in line for batch 4.

Also, I found this:
Russian River #Beatification sold out in less than 30 minutes. 300 bottles/2 bottle limit. Lots turned away. #beer #craftbeer

1:34 PM - 19 Dec 2011
Batch 4 seems to have been a single barrel.
Yeah, Batch 4 was super small. Batch 5 was the same size as this one. Why are you bringing up batch 4?

Anyone want to bet how long it'll last for?
Over a week. It's hard to know just how much beer has grown in the past 20 months, that's the only reason I'm not 100% confident it'll last more than two.
Just to look at batch size trends.
Batch 4 was a bizarre release and should be ignored, though. It was like 300 bottles, comparing that to B5 or B6 is like comparing Beatification to Supplication.

I can haz beat? If any past CA partners want to tentatively set something up, please send me a message.

How busy will it be that day? Getting there about 9 AM from SF but it was more about getting a growler and some gifts for friends in Australia.

How busy will it be that day? Getting there about 9 AM from SF but it was more about getting a growler and some gifts for friends in Australia.
I didn't have to wait that long for it last year after getting there ~8:30, but I don't think they opened at 9. My guess is you won't have to wait too long, but lacking a crystal ball I can't be certain.

Should I be trying to line up a goandpickitupformebro for like 6 bottles or is this going to be easier to get?

Back