Beer stores near the New Bedford area

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lutter

Reaction score
Howdy folks...

I'm heading to Massachusetts next week to attend a cousins' wedding and will be staying with my grandmother (she's 94 and I'm going to ferry her to the event) in Fairhaven (across the bridge from NB)

I'll have some free time on the day before and after the wedding to shop... just wondering if anyone knows some beer stores in the area (Cape Cod in general). I MIGHT go to Boston on Saturday, but that's uncertain right now, so anything close to NB would be great. I'll also be in Newport, RI for the wedding if there are any epic stores there. I know a few places from previous trips, but haven't been in a few years.

Sadly not enough time (nor spousal interest) in a Vermont trip, lol.

Thanks for any help.

Warning - No real useful advice here, so just consider this a bump for the thread.

I stay a few towns away from New Bedford a few weekends each year (Mattapoisett) and don't even try to buy beer in the area (I just haven't had success in the past and bring whatever I want for the weekend). Does anyone know if the Yankee Spirits in Swansea is any good?

Maybe try the Pour Farm in New Bedford, if you're just looking to have a few local beers on tap. Haven't been, but a friend mentioned it to me back in May.

I also swear that Jack's Abby used to have a beer finder on their website, so you could at least find stores that carry their products (which usually means that store carries other craft beer)... but I either can't find it now or it's gone.

I also swear that Jack's Abby used to have a beer finder on their website, so you could at least find stores that carry their products (which usually means that store carries other craft beer)... but I either can't find it now or it's gone.

My assumption is that this got removed when they stopped self-distributing, but I don't know...

Whatever you do - don't miss out on trying/buy JA Hoponius Union - yeah it's everywhere in MA now, but it's fantastic.

Back