Belgium and Germany with teens

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Imstillthegman

Reaction score
We are thinking about taking a trip to Europe (mainly Belgium and possibly some days in Germany) and are wondering if anyone else has done that trip with kids (esp. teens). How are the breweries, bars, etc. as far taking a 15 yr old along with you? I would hate to have to leave my family behind for most of the trip just so I can hit my beer spots! Thanks for any advice or tips y'all can provide.

We did 2 weeks between Germany, Belgium and Netherlands with our 6 year old last summer.

We spent most of our time wandering around looking for cathedrals and castles. I skipped bars and breweries for the most part, Cantillon being the exception. I picked up bottles from any store we ran across and ordered beer with meals.

IMG_20140712_080347_zpsqw1yzjgk.jpg

If your curious where we went and what shelf beer I found:

https://instagram.com/sour_cellars/

there were a shitload of what appeared to be 15-16 year olds in Cantillon one of the times I was there last year, all got the tour, all drinking tumblers of lambic. seemed to be some sort of school trip, or after school activity.

I spend about 20 years as a teen in Europe. Exactly 20 years actually. Pretty okay.

But in all seriousness, you'll be fine. They will probably even be allowed to have a beer (in Belgium and Germany at least).

Back