Quantcast

BeNeLux Belgium Travel Thread

Help Support Talkbeer:

Anyone have any good recommendations for places to buy bread and cheese near Cantillon? Would like to buy some to take to Cantillon to pair with the lambics. Yes, I know they sell some cheese there. I was more looking for a little more variety plus some good bread :)
You can also check out "La Boucherie" which is like one block down from Cantillon. I would pop in there for sandwhiches last week and loved it. I saw they had a variety of stuff so they might have 2-3 cheeses on hand. I know they have bread and meats so worst case it won't be a total loss... Also La Fruitiere? FUCK YEAH!!! That place is bangin' they have some great beer too on top of the cheese and meats. I had a great french Saison there from La Franche aptly named "Saison!"

Calling out anyone who will be traveling between London and Brussels via Eurostar over the next month or so. I was reading about the rolling train strikes in France and how Eurostar is being affected, but the articles seem to only mention the London to Paris line and not the London to Brussels (or Amsterdam) lines. I understand that these rolling strikes wont affect everyone, but if anyone does come up against this problem over the next month Id appreciate reading your experience and how you dealt with it. Just a wee bit nervous now.

Calling out anyone who will be traveling between London and Brussels via Eurostar over the next month or so. I was reading about the rolling train strikes in France and how Eurostar is being affected, but the articles seem to only mention the London to Paris line and not the London to Brussels (or Amsterdam) lines. I understand that these rolling strikes wont affect everyone, but if anyone does come up against this problem over the next month Id appreciate reading your experience and how you dealt with it. Just a wee bit nervous now.
Yikes. Planned to travel from Brussels to London on 5/4 and then back on 5/8, so I need to read about this. And will report back if I have anything useful to provide after my trip.

Anyone have any recommendations on where in Brussles is best to drink De La Senne? I see that Moeder no longer serves their beer :( Just trying to throw down pints of Taras Boulba for cheap. Also, anyone have thoughts on visiting De La Senne if it is only my friend and I. I know they only do tours for larger groups and its not really a tasting room so not sure if it is worth it for us to visit.

Anyone have any recommendations on where in Brussles is best to drink De La Senne? I see that Moeder no longer serves their beer :( Just trying to throw down pints of Taras Boulba for cheap. Also, anyone have thoughts on visiting De La Senne if it is only my friend and I. I know they only do tours for larger groups and its not really a tasting room so not sure if it is worth it for us to visit.
Drink at De La Senne! It’s a blast and the people are awesome. Careful of times as they are closed some of the coming days due to festivals and such.

Nuetigenough has dls, so do many other bars.

Have a shipping question about the styrofoam shippers from lazenne. Has anyone used the styrofoam 12 shipper that comes in (what looks to be a thin or decorative) a cardboard box? I’d like to avoid buying another suitcase shipper. I’m planning on having the shipper delivered to my hotel for my next trip and use it without a suitcase. Is this a recipe for disaster?

Have a shipping question about the styrofoam shippers from lazenne. Has anyone used the styrofoam 12 shipper that comes in (what looks to be a thin or decorative) a cardboard box? I’d like to avoid buying another suitcase shipper. I’m planning on having the shipper delivered to my hotel for my next trip and use it without a suitcase. Is this a recipe for disaster?
I've done that several times and it works great. Just lugged two similar boxes from SFO-BRU-CPH-SFO (that had previously been shipped to me in the bay) and they held up great. Just don't forget a) they're awkward to move around and b) to bring shipping tape.

Latest posts