US - Midwest BigFrank's Father's Day Road Trip 6.0 Penn/Oh/Mich

Help Support Talkbeer:

Tony Packo's is a lock. If I can do that Maumee Bay and a Mudhens game it will be a successful night Toledo. Just don't light a match in the hotel room that night.
This is very doable with Pako's at the Park right across the street from 5/3 Park and MBBCO is about .4 miles from there. Make time for a stop at Earnest Beer Works in S. Toledo.

Ok, off to Hershey. A bit of a tourist trap, but I should have guessed. I thought we would actually tour the facts when I read free factory tour. Oh well, kids had fun.
Then off to Gettysburg. What an amazing place. Cool to go from hearing about the Declaration of Independence on one day to hearing about Lincoln discussing the importance of their work.

Then we went to Fort Pitt and learned about the area's development before the Revolutionary War. Basically amounted to the natives getting fucked by either the French or the British. One of the British officers was GW which I did not know.

Think about how strategically significant it was back in the day to have acess to three rivers and basically a guarded back with Mt Washington. Crazy.

Think about how strategically significant it was back in the day to have acess to three rivers and basically a guarded back with Mt Washington. Crazy.
My head swam with the info in the museum. I wish I had more time to digest and understand the area. I find so often the basic history lessons we get fall so short. I could have spent a day here.

Head's up BigFrank, weather forecast in Grand Rapids is calling for rain/t-storms Wednesday after midnight, through Thursday, and very humid. I know you were planning on a Whitecaps game, so if you haven't purchased tickets yet, keep an eye on https://twitter.com/wmwhitecaps for potential rainout
Thanks! I really haven't paid a whole lot of attention to the weather forecast. I will start looking for alternative things to do.

Latest posts