Bloomington

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pjs234

Reaction score
I am going to be in Bloomington Indiana tomorrow night through Wednesday night (leaving Thur afternoon). Should have time after 8pm each night to venture out... what places should I make sure to hit? Planning on hitting Upland, but are there other places i should make sure to go to? Are there any special release beers i should keep an eye out for, either on tap or in cans/bottles (should have a little room in luggage to bring **** back).

Thanks in advance!

I am going to be in Bloomington Indiana tomorrow night through Wednesday night (leaving Thur afternoon). Should have time after 8pm each night to venture out... what places should I make sure to hit? Planning on hitting Upland, but are there other places i should make sure to go to? Are there any special release beers i should keep an eye out for, either on tap or in cans/bottles (should have a little room in luggage to bring **** back).

Thanks in advance!
The Tap brews great beers and has a solid and large guest taplist. Function Brewing is super solid but won't open until Wednesday. Quaff On has a decent taplist but they are $$$. Avoid their affiliated Big Woods Brewing beers if you head to Quaff On. Finch's is higher end for Bloomington, but they always have a few interesting beers on tap. The Bishop Bar is small and they have thoughtful taps and cheap mixed drinks. Yogi's used to be a beer go to, but I live three blocks from there and don't stop in anymore.
As far as food goes, King Dough makes really good pizza. Nick's has a solid Burger as does Farm, and both have respectable tap lists. Finch's has very good food but is definitely on the high end, and see the comments about their tap list above. Uptown Cafe has really good food and makes good cocktails but is a bit pricey. All of the other places that I initially mentioned for beers also have decent food, but they are not my first go-to for places to eat.

I am working out of town all week, or I would be happy to go grab some beers with you.

PS, Upland will have some bottles for sale beside the host's station at the Brew Pub.

The Tap brews great beers and has a solid and large guest taplist. Function Brewing is super solid but won't open until Wednesday. Quaff On has a decent taplist but they are $$$. Avoid their affiliated Big Woods Brewing beers if you head to Quaff On. Finch's is higher end for Bloomington, but they always have a few interesting beers on tap. The Bishop Bar is small and they have thoughtful taps and cheap mixed drinks. Yogi's used to be a beer go to, but I live three blocks from there and don't stop in anymore.
As far as food goes, King Dough makes really good pizza. Nick's has a solid Burger as does Farm, and both have respectable tap lists. Finch's has very good food but is definitely on the high end, and see the comments about their tap list above. Uptown Cafe has really good food and makes good cocktails but is a bit pricey. All of the other places that I initially mentioned for beers also have decent food, but they are not my first go-to for places to eat.

I am working out of town all week, or I would be happy to go grab some beers with you.

PS, Upland will have some bottles for sale beside the host's station at the Brew Pub.
Thanks for this info. Much appreciated!

Hey, I have a family member coming out from Bloomington. I hear some good canned sours are available in the area. Anything specific I should ask her to grab for our 4th of July hot weekend for easy drinking? Where can she get it? Thanks!

Hey, I have a family member coming out from Bloomington. I hear some good canned sours are available in the area. Anything specific I should ask her to grab for our 4th of July hot weekend for easy drinking? Where can she get it? Thanks!
Sorry, just seeing this. Someone else would have to chime in on good, canned sours from around here. I am not familiar with anything local worth seeking out.

Back