Borefts @ DeMolen

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was just looking at the De Molen website yesterday for the first time. Probably since they were back of the head due to the recent Works of Love release. And I noticed that Borefts is in fact coming up fairly soon !
Other than changing planes during a layover, I still have never spent time in the Netherlands. This is one festival that would be a great reason to plan a trip around.

How was it, I got stuck at GABF this year.
Wonderful as always. Much better with the other warehouse open, soooo much more room. Great beers, Omnipollo really impressed me. Great weather on Friday too.

One of the comical highlights for me was overhearing James from Brewdog talk to a ticker who was saying he had tried 120 beers. He was initially stunned, saying hed be wasted after 6 or so, then found out how much of each beer he was drinking and went on a rather polite mini rant on how you cannot properly taste, and get to the essence of, a sample size beer when split by 8 people. I thought both the ticker and the brewers heads might explode, it was pretty hilarious...

I have to agree, at GABF they serve 1oz. pours. How the hell can one evaluate let alone rate a beer on 1 stinking ounce.

Tickers gonna tick whether is acurate or with a decent palate or not.

Back