Bourbon Apple Pie Release at Brothers Drake

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RyanMcFly1985

Reaction score
I know this is Talk Beer and not Talk Mead, but I was wondering if anyone has ever gone to the Bourbon Apple Pie release at Brothers Drake. I know the last one was in 2012 (hell that may have been the only one for all I know). Anyway, if you went in 2012, what was this event like? Did the bottles sell out immediately? How many could you buy? What was the price like? Any help would be appreciated. I wanted to make the trip from Cleveland, but I am not sure if I can yet. Was maybe going to try to find a buddy who lives down there to go for me, but I do not want him having to wait in a long line just to help me out.

I think they released it last year as well, but might have been a silent drop. TomTwanks?

This will be my first time attending a release of theirs, but the Mead Day release I had my sister's boyfriend attend and mule me bottles wasn't too bad (according to him) and bottles of the 100 bottle run Bourbon Peach Rush didn't sell out that day. Although, that mead probably is nearly as popular or sought after as Bouron Apple Pie.

I think they released it last year as well, but might have been a silent drop. TomTwanks?

This will be my first time attending a release of theirs, but the Mead Day release I had my sister's boyfriend attend and mule me bottles wasn't too bad (according to him) and bottles of the 100 bottle run Bourbon Peach Rush didn't sell out that day. Although, that mead probably is nearly as popular or sought after as Bouron Apple Pie.
I appreciate the info, man!

If anyone has someone going with them and does not want all of their bottles, I'd pay for the bottles/shipping (or I could probably just drive down and get them on another day), and would hook you up with your choice of either Jackie O's CSAison or BA Batch 1000 (these are both from the September '14 bottle release).

It was a silent release. No bottle limit, though I'm sure that has changed. 100 bottles total I believe. It was 30 a bottle and I'm sure it's right around for this release.

I think it sold out within a day or 2. And yes I bought roughly 1000 bottles.
Thanks!!

I still have a bottle of this I'd be open for trading, if anyone is still looking. Could also add a Blueberry Chai (bottles recently released at Brothers Drake only).

Back