Bourbon Infinity Bottle Pick suggestions

Help Support Talkbeer:

A group of us are looking to basically make a blend to be a start for infinity bottles.

Conceptually 6-8 people split the cost of 6-8 bottles, blend them and portion out the blend and have their own individual infinity bottle started.

Looking for unique suggestions on bottles to pick.

Guidelines:
Bourbon only.
Target cost $50-75.
No rye, peated, or baby picks.

Thoughts?

Target cost $50-75.
Per bottle? Or for all 6 together?

Anyways, I'd say

McKenna 10, OGD 114, 4 Roses SiB, WT101, Smooth Ambler Old Scout 107, Maker's Mark Private Select

I think that would be a solid 6 bottles that all fall within a reasonable proof margin (lowest proof 100 - highest proof 114), and each bottle would hold it's own as a single dram as well

Are you going to try to blend it going forward with some intention, pick and choose the notes you'd like to add? Or just add the last oz or 2 of everything you drink going forward?

If you're doing the former I'd pick based on the notes you are looking for. If the latter I'd just do a scatter shot, pick a wheater, something high rye, something barrel proof, a cheap standard bearer like Evan Wiilams, something a touch more expensive, maybe something finished in a different barrel, etc.

Why only bourbon?
Accessibility to the group, if each individual wants to take their bottle a different path they can.

Are you going to try to blend it going forward with some intention, pick and choose the notes you'd like to add? Or just add the last oz or 2 of everything you drink going forward?

If you're doing the former I'd pick based on the notes you are looking for. If the latter I'd just do a scatter shot, pick a wheater, something high rye, something barrel proof, a cheap standard bearer like Evan Wiilams, something a touch more expensive, maybe something finished in a different barrel, etc.
Probably a selective pick of the bottles I finish based on where the blend is going.

I was considering something like the Breckenridge Port Cask for a unique note but having not had their juice before I was wary.

Anyways, I'd say

McKenna 10, OGD 114, 4 Roses SiB, WT101, Smooth Ambler Old Scout 107, Maker's Mark Private Select

I think that would be a solid 6 bottles that all fall within a reasonable proof margin (lowest proof 100 - highest proof 114), and each bottle would hold it's own as a single dram as well
If it was $50-75 total what would you say?

My Infinity Bottle started with good intentions:

WLW 2017
TB FR 004
TB FR 005
OWA 107 Single Barrel Store Pick
Blanton's

But it has now devolved into something I can only describe as "drunken hate pouring" of whatever rye/bourbon bottle I need to kill to make room for a new bottle.

Good luck!

Anyways, I'd say

Btw, I used this to pick out a bottle (4 roses SiB) for my BiL's 40th. Thanks.

Latest posts