Brewery celebrates 35th birthday

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rkedata1

Reaction score
MAGOR Brewery celebrated its 35th anniversary yesterday as one of the largest AB InBev breweries in the UK.

The Brazilian/Belgian Company currently employs 400 people and produces Stella Artois, Budweiser and Becks at the Magor brewery. The brewery was built in 1979 by Whitbread, and David Ball, 47, a brewing technician from Undy, had the honour of unveiling the commemorative plaque yesterday.

He said: "I've worked here for 31 years starting in the laboratory, when I was 18-years-old I moved to be a forklift truck driver and then at 22/23 years of age I was in the brewing department. I've seen a lot of changes here and it speaks volumes that I've been here for 31 years and some people have been here for 35 years -that to me tells a story of its own.

"I've seen a lot of changes with different brands from the Whitbread days to other brands. It's fantastic for the brewery to celebrate 35 years."

He added: "It was an honour for me to unveil the plaque and celebrate today with the guys. My father and uncle worked here before me.

"My father worked constructing the brewery and then worked as a maturation process operator from 1979 to 1999. It's brilliant working here and I hope to work here until I retire."

The brewery operates 24 hours a day and can produce 2 million bottles, 1.8 million cans and 13,000 kegs in a single day. The brewery produces 4.5 million hectolitres of beer per year which is an equivalent of more than 792 million pints.

Back