Brews for New Avenues 2017! Save the date

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Digita7693

Reaction score
Just wanted to go ahead and give you all some initial info and dates to mark on the calendar.

The 6th annual Brews for New Avenues will take place on Saturday August 19th at Left Bank Annex, BUT we have a few other events planned once again.VIP tickets go on sale on June 1st! More info coming.

Thursday August 17th - Beer Dinner
Friday August 18th - Oyster and Gueuze event
Saturday August 19th - Brews for New Avenues

We have some special things planned this year once again:
- special guest coming for the event, part of the beer dinner, doing a collab, and speaking as well
- partnering with Cantillon once again for the Oyster and Gueuze night
- a few special collaboration beers, such as the de Garde/AltBrau beer (see pic below), others we will tell you about later

We are accepting donations year round. So please get in touch.
If you have any questions about events, donations, sponsorships etc. please contact me, cavemanlawyer teddyarrowhead or LoPo87

http://www.brewsfornewavenues.org

rolV1ui.png

Don - how does the ticket process go? The regular admission will go on sale before the VIP, do I need both to get into the event? I'd like to get VIP but will be pleased with regular admission if I can't get a ticket on June 1. The AltBrau post made it seem like regular tickets go on sale pretty soon

Don - how does the ticket process go? The regular admission will go on sale before the VIP, do I need both to get into the event? I'd like to get VIP but will be pleased with regular admission if I can't get a ticket on June 1. The AltBrau post made it seem like regular tickets go on sale pretty soon
June 1st for VIP, general admission will be after VIP.

Cheers

So I turn 30 on August 18th, this sounds awesome, but slightly unclear.

Is this a traditional festival where my tickets get me limited samples and food options? Is this more like Huna or DLD where I get guaranteed bottles and access to the festival? How much are tickets? How much are tickets for the events on the 17th and 18th?

I am sure the answers to all this exist somewhere on the internet, can someone direct me to the answers?

JGlitz87 info at brewsfornewavenues.org NOT at all like DLD or Hunahpu :)

Each event: dinner, oyster and gueuze social, and Brews (VIP or General Admission (GA) are ticketed separately.
You can look at the site for info on the past years events.

Brews on Saturday is VIP from 2-5pm and GA from 5-11pm. VIP gets you drinks and food during VIP, as well as access to the silent auction, and access and drinks during GA. GA you purchase tokens for each drink. GA also has a wall of beer, live auction, raffle, food carts, and live bands.

Everything goes to charity.

Last edited:
Went to the website and could not find ticket prices from years past (I am trusting the beer list will be worthwhile so not worried about that not working...)

Going to try to talk my wife into possibly making this trip, so ticket price may be necessary.

Can't make it for yet another year in a row. So upset. :(

VIP will be $85 and come with a tshirt designed and printed by INK, New Avenues for Youth's screen printing social enterprise. Also gets you drinks throughout the event, food during VIP (cheese, charcuterie, oyster hour, some others tba), access to VIP kegs, access to silent auction.

Oyster and Gueuze social tickets will be $50 and covers beers on draft and oysters and other food catered throughout. There will also be special pours for purchase from bottles (tab) from Cantillon.

General admission tickets will be $10.

VIP will be $85 and come with a tshirt designed and printed by INK, New Avenues for Youth's screen printing social enterprise. Also gets you drinks throughout the event, food during VIP (cheese, charcuterie, oyster hour, some others tba), access to VIP kegs, access to silent auction.

Oyster and Gueuze social tickets will be $50 and covers beers on draft and oysters and other food catered throughout. There will also be special pours for purchase from bottles (tab) from Cantillon.

General admission tickets will be $10.
Will bottles of the blend be on sale for the VIP session or is that only GA?

Hoping the bottles are for on-site consumption only, I'm already cringing at the thought of some shitlord raffling off bottle made exclusively for a charity event
Like this stopped people from the last event at Wakefields. :oops:

Hoping the bottles are for on-site consumption only, I'm already cringing at the thought of some shitlord raffling off bottle made exclusively for a charity event
I'm sure a number will be sold or auctioned to go at the event, but this is the one circumstance where I want our beer to garner a high price. Because 100% of the purchase will be going to a great cause. I'd guess that strictly pouring and charging per pour would not raise as much. I don't think anyone can fully stop folks trying to profit, but there's some consolation at least in where the hopefully high initial price is going.

Succinctly; bid and/or buy high and often. :)

An update for you all :)

We are very excited to announce Pierre Tilquin as our guest for the 2017 Brews for New Avenues. Pierre will comprise one half of the beer dinner with Breakside brewing as the other and the amazing chef Conor will return once again!

Pierre will also be a part of the Oyster and Gueuze social and give a talk about lambic, be at Brews on Saturday and will be partnering on an exclusive Brews collab beer whilst visiting Oregon.

Cheers!
James, Jeremy, Andy, Jessica, and Don

Last year had 2 blends to go only. Went ok i thought, with some left over.

There were so many bottles left over, I can't imagine they really fetched a high price on the secondary right? They were selling them limit 1pp at the event, but by the case it seemed in the days to follow.

There were so many bottles left over, I can't imagine they really fetched a high price on the secondary right? They were selling them limit 1pp at the event, but by the case it seemed in the days to follow.
We did 1/pp to give as many people as possible a chance to purchase a bottle. Obviously, not every person in attendance will want to/ wanted to buy a bottle. In the days following we had a few cases left over and sold them as first come first served; regardless of whether someone wanted 1 bottle or a case, our goal, of course, as always, was to sell everything and raise as much money as we could to help homeless and at-risk youth through myriad education, job training, and transitional housing programs at New Avenues for Youth.

It worked pretty well. The money from the sale of those bottles alone, thanks to the extreme generosity of degardebrewing and altbrau, was simply amazing and led to a record breaking Brews for New Avenues. Sadly, some people did take this as a chance to profit, but I feel we were able to limit this as much as possible.

See you all in August!!!!

Cheers
Don

Will jump in here as well to say how great this event was. It is truly one of the most well put together events around.

This year, Lambic.Info will again provide the glassware for the Oyster and Gueuze social, as well as host a raffle/fundraiser with some very special bottles in the months leading up to Brews. There is also a potential event taking shape for the VIP session. :D

You allowed to spill the beans about what will be poured during the Oyster and Gueuze social?

*willing to buy ticket before announcement
Actually, in all honesty, we may just announce the bottle pours after. The announcement isn't going to affect the sales of tickets.

Last year we had:
On draft:
Tilquin Gueuze
Hanssens Gueuze
Lambickx
St Louis Gueuze Fond Tradition

Bottle pours of 3F Gueuze

Bottle pours for purchase:
Cantillon La Vie est Belge
Cantillon Lambic d'Aunis

This year will be a similar format with some beers on draft and 2 beers from Cantillon in bottles, not the same as last year, which attendees can purchase pours of.

Cheers

Back