US - Northwest Brews for New Avenues 2018!

Help Support Talkbeer:

As many bottles of '99 boos, blauw, Zenne b1, honing, OGV '08, and millennium as you can physically carry simultaneously
Pretty much this. I've already been training my wife with 750ml curls.

The basics boil down to airfare, two night lodging, two dinners with Armand, other meals paid, brewing and blending session with Armand, transportation and "goodies to take home". The last part was explained to me as, more beer than you could ever imagine. So, shipping that shit back included?

It's fucking crazy to think that people from across the world will be buying a beer that I helped blend. That's a mindfuck for me. I don't know if it will be "just" a batch of gueuze or something "special" but still.

The plan right now is to hopefully fill a comically large bottle of the blend and raffle it off in the live auction next year.

I suppose the even more amazing part is that this was all my wife's idea. She was super into it.

The basics boil down to airfare, two night lodging, two dinners with Armand, other meals paid, brewing and blending session with Armand, transportation and "goodies to take home". The last part was explained to me as, more beer than you could ever imagine. So, shipping that shit back included?

It's fucking crazy to think that people from across the world will be buying a beer that I helped blend. That's a mindfuck for me. I don't know if it will be "just" a batch of gueuze or something "special" but still.

The plan right now is to hopefully fill a comically large bottle of the blend and raffle it off in the live auction next year.

I suppose the even more amazing part is that this was all my wife's idea. She was super into it.

When people called you out a few pages back I assumed that you were the one that puked in the urinal.

Props if you pulled this off AND puked in the urinal.

Legend status

Really difficult to find a criticism. Such well run events. I can only imagine the amount of work & planning & thought that goes into coordinating something like that. Cheers to everyone involved!

If I had to pick something, I didn't buy the O&G shirt because the oyster looked kind of like a dessicated avocado. I didn't want to have to explain it to people.

I'm on beer and completely understand if you ban me from O&G next year.

It was my first year and I thought it was fantastic. My only complaint was the lack of plates at the meat and cheese table. Then again, that could have been a calculated move because I could only fit SO MUCH meat and cheese on a napkin, precariously balanced on my auction number card. In that case, well played.

It was my first year and I thought it was fantastic. My only complaint was the lack of plates at the meat and cheese table. Then again, that could have been a calculated move because I could only fit SO MUCH meat and cheese on a napkin, precariously balanced on my auction number card. In that case, well played.
Genius calculation. He brought 17lbs of cheese and it was gone in about 90mins, if we gave our plates it’d probably be gone in 9mins :)

Latest posts