Bruery Reserve Society 2013 Allocations/Discussion Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

franch

Reaction score
Release Schedule (strikeouts current through September 30, 2013)

– Sour in the Rye
– Chocolate Rain*
– White Oak
– Sans Pagaie
– Bois
– Bois Aged in Rye Whiskey Barrels*
– Bois Aged in Brandy Barrels*
– Bois Aged in new American Oak Barrels #4 Toast*
– Kumquat Sour In The Rye*
– Barrel Aged English Barleywine with Portola Coffee* (Name pending)
– Blueberry Sour* (Name pending)
– Mystery Beer #1

– Mystery Beer #2
– Tart of Darkness
– White Chocolate
– Barrel Aged Apricot Strong Ale* (Name pending)
– Bourbon Barrel Aged Smoking Wood
– Cherry Oude Tart*
– Oude Tart
– Black Tuesday

– Grey Monday*
– Melange #1
– Bourbon Barrel Aged Autumn Maple

– Melange #3
– Rueuze
– Barrel Aged 5 Golden Rings*
– Smoking Wood – Rye Barrel Aged
– Approximately 8 very exciting Provisions Series releases

just announced:
Mélange #1

75.jpg

11% abv

$24.99 (before your discount)

Reserve Society 4 bottles, Hoarders Society 8 bottles

Will be available in limited supply

at our Tasting Room as well

Mélange #1 was the first in our line of barrel aged beer blends and continues to be one of our favorites. A curious blend of our bourbon barrel aged stout,Black Tuesday, along with our Flemish-style sour red ale, Oude Tart, this beer is unique and delightful. Forging flavors of toasty oak, vanilla and toffee along with notes of leather and dark fruit, both the full bodied essence of the bourbon barrel aged ale and the sour quality of our wild ale are present in this well rounded beer.
92/100 Points on Beer Advocate
99/100 Points on Rate Beer

Bourbon Barrel Aged Autumn Maple

74.jpg

13% abv

$24.99 (before your discount)

Reserve Society 4 bottles, Hoarders Society 8 bottles

Will be available in limited supply

at our Tasting Room as well

For this beer, we have aged our fall seasonal, Autumn Maple, in bourbon barrels for nearly a year. The result is a decadent version of the already rich and spicy brown ale. The extended barrel aging rounds out the flavors, adding rich complexity to the experience with further depth to the molasses and vanilla with added oaky notes.

93/100 Points on Beer Advocate

99/100 Points on Rate Beer

Black Tuesday
76.jpg

18.9% abv

$29.99 (before your discount)

Reserve Society 6 bottles, Hoarders Society 12 bottles

Will also be available in limited supply

through an online sale on 10/29.

For most of you, Black Tuesday needs no introduction. This beer is our take on a bourbon barrel aged imperial stout. Varying slightly from year to year, the ABV is at nearly 19% for 2013. Rich caramel, toasted malt, vanilla, burnt wood and anise are just a few of the many flavors in this rich, decadent imperial stout.

Perfect 100 point scores on both Beer Advocate and Rate Beer

Eh. Skipping M#1 and going straight for the BA AM. So srs. Like a poutine shortage (god I hate that ****ing show but it's a great line).

Might get a bottle or 2 extra of BT but with the Hoarders' reserved 4 bottles I may just skip. Gotta save that fundage for the HS exclusive Air Force Ones coming out in December.

I really like the BT label this year. And am pretty excited for BA Autumn Maple. Never tried it so I'm hoping the barrel treatment does something magical to an otherwise pretty mediocre beer. It sounds really good

Gah. BT + M1 in the same month as Darkness?!

Will max BT, 2-3 M1, and decrease Darkness purchase I guess. Indifferent on BA Autumn Maple...does the barrel really add that much? Thought the regs was pretty meh-riffic.

Gah. BT + M1 in the same month as Darkness?!

Will max BT, 2-3 M1, and decrease Darkness purchase I guess. Indifferent on BA Autumn Maple...does the barrel really add that much? Thought the regs was pretty meh-riffic.
It's all about the barrel. I don't care for the regular version at all, but the barreled version is fantastic. I would seriously pick one up to at least try (and I don't say that about a lot of Bruery beers).

I just noticed they all say 2013 edition except for the BT. Pretty soon there will be two vintages with the same ABV, then they'll have to distinguish by label design.

There's always one month in the year where the Reserve Society rapes my wallet, looks like it's September this year. Maxing out BT and M1, probably pick up one or to BA Autumn Maple.

Eh. Skipping M#1 and going straight for the BA AM. So srs. Like a poutine shortage (god I hate that ****ing show but it's a great line).

Might get a bottle or 2 extra of BT but with the Hoarders' reserved 4 bottles I may just skip. Gotta save that fundage for the HS exclusive Air Force Ones coming out in December.

I really wish I would have remembered about the 4 extra bottles before placing my order. I don't know what I'm going to do with 16 bottles of BT now. 12 was already excessive.

I really wish I would have remembered about the 4 extra bottles before placing my order. I don't know what I'm going to do with 16 bottles of BT now. 12 was already excessive.
My suggestion:

Because drain pour whaelz, bro is like peeing your pants: Everyone can see it but only you can feel its warmth.

maxresdefault.jpg

Back