Bullfrog Grrrz Release 11/17/18

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Avalon68

Reaction score
Date: 11/17/18 @11:00 AM

The following bottles will be released:
Le Roar Grrrz Kriek
Le Roar Grrrz Black Raspberry
Le Roar Grrrz Cocoa Framboise
Barrel Aged Cider

3 bottle limit on each

All bottles are 750ml cork and caged.

Price:

Grrrz $25.00 per bottle

Cider $20.00 per bottle

Current Pub Club members can purchase their bottles beginning Fri 11/16 @ 11:00 AM.

He is not. There were a few different people involved with the program and its development. The current brewer and the owner have taken over the barrel program.

Are these good again? I had a Framboise and a Blueberry (2016 bottled date stamp) and they were not good. Flat, nail polish, moldy mustiness, and underwhelming fruit presence.

I haven't had a bad GRRRz yet, but I haven't tried them all. Would be interested in these too, if anyone is going and looking for some real lambic let me know :cool:

Are these good again? I had a Framboise and a Blueberry (2016 bottled date stamp) and they were not good. Flat, nail polish, moldy mustiness, and underwhelming fruit presence.
This batch of kriek is probably my favorite Grrrz to date. It spent a lot more time on fruit than previous versions. Very fruit forward. I have not tried the other 2 Grrrz being released for a while. I will taste one of each this weekend and let you know. I can say they were very good when I last sampled.

I opened a 16 framboise a few weeks ago and thought it was good. Less fruit than fresh, but didn't get any of the off characters you described above. I've never been a fan of the Blueberry...so with you there.

Opened a kriek, Black Ras, and Cocoa Fram last night.

Kriek - very fruit forward. Big cherry and pie crust in flavor. Not overly sour. Possibly my favorite to date.

Black Ras - Good amt of fruit..lambic comes through as well. I'm not sure I have ever eaten a black raspberry...but not as tart as normal framboise that has been released in the past.

Cocoa Fram - Tart raspberry...fruit is present, but not hugely pronounced. Cocoa presents itself in the background...not sweet at all...more like bakers chocolate powder...it's there..but not overpowering. Interesting stuff.

He is not. There were a few different people involved with the program and its development. The current brewer and the owner have taken over the barrel program.

So is PJ and Steve doing the barrel program now? Also I never had any of those off notes on any grrrz to date. Thanks!

Back