Bullfrog Le Roar Grrrz Release

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Avalon68

Reaction score
Bullfrog Brewery is releasing 3 variants of Le Roar Grrrz on Saturday June 14th
Date: Saturday June 14th
Time: 11:00AM
Bottle Count: (approximate) Grrrz - 250, Grrrz Kriek - 250, Grrrz Druiven - 350
Bottle Limit: 1 per person of each type
Price: $25.00 per bottle
ABV: 7.0%
To be released:
Le Roar Grrrz - Oud Gueuze style
Le Roar Grrrz Kriek - Oud Kriek style
Le Roar Grrrz Druiven - Lambic style steeped on merlot grapes

I'd love to fly from bullfrog to newark to make the bottle release and the share.

From personal Bullfrog release experience (including Frambozen), although they always sell out lately, Bullfrog releases are generally very mild in attendance (compared to any limited bottle release) and have a very laid back feel to them. Have a feeling this won't be the case anymore for this one given the number of different bottles being released at the same time and the release day switched from Friday to Saturday. Too bad I won't be making this one but hope everyone who does has fun. Le Roar Grrrz beers are fan-tastic!

On a side note, the police station is directly across the street from Bullfrog. Please keep this in mind if you're considering drinking in line.

Have the labels been shown for them yet? Loved the Et Tu label
Shitty pic but this is it. And the Kriek and druiven are just red and purple instead of yellow
Xx90do1.png

Fair to ask when people are arriving or will that just add to the ********? A buddy who lives in Selinsgrove is going but I have a feeling he's gonna have to get there pretty early.

So what time do you think people will start lining up?

This is a shot in the dark here, but if anyone attending the release had an extra can of Heady Topper that they could trade, let me know. Only looking for 1 can. I have Gumballhead, BCBS, and can pick up stuff available in Pittsburgh (Head Hunter).

Thanks.

A few things about the release on Saturday.
1. The lot right next door to the pub does not belong to Bullfrog. It is normally ok to park there on weekends though. I would suggest not parking in any spots designated for the bank or bank personnel.
2. The owners have never had an issue with opening/sharing a few bottles at the releases. In fact, they enjoy it...so feel free to bring some stuff if you'd like. However, opening things while in line/outside is not a good idea, as the police station is directly next door to the pub. I know I have said this before, but just want to reiterate so no one gets in trouble/has a bad time.
3. Veritable Grrrz will be on tap for the release. It is the tap version of regular Grrrz. A few kegs made it to Philly beer week and the people seemed to really enjoy it. Gueuze on tap is always a good thing!

Back