Calvados and other fruit brandies thread

Help Support Talkbeer:

just tried this for the first time - I expected more barrel character. oh well, I'll probably just use the bottle to age my middling homebrew.

Any thoughts on the differences between the Laird's Apple Brandy products? Applejack vs. Bonded vs. 12 year? Any thoughts on the Copper and Kings Apple Brandy?

So, I answered my own question. Laird's Applejack is just an inferior product. The Laird's Bonded is great in cocktails, it is very dry. I didn't buy the 12 year yet, but the 7 1/2 year bottled at 80 proof is more of a sipper served neat. I am much happier paying about $30 for a bottle of Laird's than $50 for Copper and Kings.

Is Camut fairly easy to find in Europe? I'll be in the EU for 3.5 weeks shortly visiting Ireland, UK, France, and Belgium. I definitely want to bring some Calvados back to the States.

Just stumbled on this thread, but thought I'd add my own two cents. I'm a huge fan of everything Dupont and one of my "everyday" drinkers is Calvados Morin. Its around 3 years, but has a much deeper profile than other products with similar age.