Candia Road Brewing - good people

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apetaster

Reaction score
Disclaimer: I have no connection, business interest, etc in the company. I just wanted to post some feedback on them.

These guys are out of Manchester, NH. The place is a small brewery that also has a homebrewing supply store sharing the same place (or vice versa.) I met the owner a couple of years ago at a tasting - I hadn't heard about the beer or the store so I decided to take a swing up there for some brewing supplies. Good guy - always busy doing stuff in the store or in the attached brewery, but never in too much of a rush to hang out and talk beer, homebrewing advice or just shoot the **** in general.

The thing that stands out about this place is the service. After stopping in a few times the owner Thom seemed to remember everything that anyone who stopped by had brewed lately, knew what styles people liked to make and genuinely seemed interested in not only hearing about what people were making but also keeping an ear out for interesting stuff people were doing. I had the thought of making a mint stout at one point and he recalled hearing feedback from one of his other regulars on how they handled the mint additions and the criticism the other homebrewer had about his own recipe. The dude not only asked the standard question "what are you brewing", but was actually interested in the responses.

One Saturday AM I get a call from the owner - he called to let me know that he had to close the shop a couple of hours early. Guessing that I might be stopping by (usually once a month) for supplies, he asked if I needed any supplies, and that if I did he would measure them out, bag them up and leave them in the store next door for me to pick up at my leisure (and settle up with him whenever.) I had been planning to stop in for grain, yeast and hops and he bagged up everything for me to pick up next door. Who does that?

It's a family affair - the brewer is a great, incredibly generous guy, as is his dad who works in the store/brewery from time to time, and the co-brewer Brian seems like a really good guy as well. They've been selling a ton of beer in NH and are showing up seemingly everywhere in state, and I have yet to run into anyone that's dealt with Thom, Brian and Steve that don't have great things to say about them. Salt of the earth stuff.

These guys have really helped me out in the past with some above and beyond stuff, and just wanted to get that out there

TL DR - These guys are really good, incredibly generous people and I'm gushing over them.

Back