CantillonWatch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HenrikO

Reaction score
In the public interest I am dedicating this thread to posting the most up-to-date info about availability of beers at the Cantillon brewery. I went there today (10/3/14) and here is my report:

Fou Foune still available, 6 bottle limit.
Lou Pepe Kriek, 3 bottle limit.
Mamouche, 3 bottle limit.
Grand Cru Bruocsella 6 bottle limit.

Iris sold out.
Lou Pepe Framboise sold out.
Cuvee St Gilloise sold out.

Of the regulars, Rose de Gambrinus is sold out.

Vigneronne and St Lam are listed as "sold out" but I'm pretty sure the new vintage just hasn't been released yet. Same with LPG.

Bar has '06 Gueuze, LPF, LPK and all Zwanzes 12-14.

Would have posted pics but Instagram was acting up, sorry.

Please post I this thread whenever you have new information.

Is there a general release schedule? I know Fou is September/October. And that's about all I know.

At Cantillon, release dates are as spontaneous as the fermentation process. You can make educated guesses within a monthly interval and that's about it. Fou Foune '14 was released in early Sep, but last year it was early Oct. And so on. St Lam/Vig usually go up for sale in the spring, yeah. LPF and LPK have been released but not any new LPG as far as I know - hell, there may not even be a new LPG vintage release this year for all that I know.

Hence the need for this thread, I thought. Not everyone can swan off to Brussels at will but a surprisingly large number of beer geeks do go there (hell, almost everyone else in the bar/taking the tour when I was there this afternoon was American). So hopefully people will be able to update this thread intermittently at least.

Oh and also: when I took the tour I saw a barrel marked "Vigneronne Rosé", this is likely the Vigneronne variant with some type of Rosé grape they made back in '08 (further supported by the "08" on the barrel) - looks like it may be getting ready for release since I think they move the barrels closer to the "front" when they near readiness.

Yay, another limited Cantillon release to chase.

(hell, almost everyone else in the bar/taking the tour when I was there this afternoon was American

This surprised me when I was there about 2 weeks ago...also the amount of "kids" that were there haha. I get the sense that availability of anything at the brewery is in a constant state of flux as well - for example, RdG was available like 12 days ago, as well as FF to drink onsite. Visiting really gives you an understanding (that you cant get without seeing firsthand) of why Cantillon can be so elusive.

thanks HenrikO -- I'll be there on the 6th. And probably the 7th. And the 8th most likely...

are you in Stockholm? Gonna be there week after next.

thanks HenrikO -- I'll be there on the 6th. And probably the 7th. And the 8th most likely...

are you in Stockholm? Gonna be there week after next.
Don't forget to update this thread when you go to Cantillon! ;-)

I don't live in Stockholm and will not be there next weekend, sorry. Maybe next time?

3 weeks... Hopefully I can at least drink a Fou at the brewery if I can't take any home.

If not, I'm sure I'll find something to drink. Oh, and I'll try to remember to update this thread.

In the public interest I am dedicating this thread to posting the most up-to-date info about availability of beers at the Cantillon brewery. I went there today (10/3/14) and here is my report:

Fou Foune still available, 6 bottle limit.
Lou Pepe Kriek, 3 bottle limit.
Mamouche, 3 bottle limit.
Grand Cru Bruocsella 6 bottle limit.

Iris sold out.
Lou Pepe Framboise sold out.
Cuvee St Gilloise sold out.

Of the regulars, Rose de Gambrinus is sold out.

Vigneronne and St Lam are listed as "sold out" but I'm pretty sure the new vintage just hasn't been released yet. Same with LPG.

Bar has '06 Gueuze, LPF, LPK and all Zwanzes 12-14.

Would have posted pics but Instagram was acting up, sorry.

Please post I this thread whenever you have new information.

You picked up stuff for our next trade I am assuming....

;)

Flying to Madrid on the 21st, I'll try not to buy all of the FF :)

For everyone else:
I am heading out to Brussels between October 18th - 21st. I planned on bringing over some beers from the US for possible trades or just cracking open with some folks in Brussels. If anyone will be in Brussels and has some beers they want to try, send me a message and we can plan a bottle share or something.

for those more experienced in such trips, what might be good beers to bring for local sharing?

was thinking the RR hoppy stuff might be a good option. any ideas?

This surprised me when I was there about 2 weeks ago...also the amount of "kids" that were there haha. I get the sense that availability of anything at the brewery is in a constant state of flux as well - for example, RdG was available like 12 days ago, as well as FF to drink onsite. Visiting really gives you an understanding (that you cant get without seeing firsthand) of why Cantillon can be so elusive.
Oh yeah, just a quick note that they did have FF for drink-in at the bar when I was there. Just didn't remember when I wrote my original post.

As of Monday, Oct 6th here is the available to-go bottles:
- Fou (limit 6)
- Classic (750s & 375s)
- Kriek (750s & 375s)
- Grand Cru Bruocsella (limit 6)
- LP Kriek (limit 3)
- Mamouche (limit 3)

//appears to be the same as HenrikO posted a few days ago
Great job mjohnson17 , this is exactly what I meant for this thread to be!

Appears as if there's no great movement tho. Any observation from the bottle bar?

Great job mjohnson17 , this is exactly what I meant for this thread to be!

Appears as if there's no great movement tho. Any observation from the bottle bar?
Unfortunately I'm not there, I'm just relaying this info through a friend who is. Based on what he said here's the onsite consumption list:

Kriek, Gueuze, Lambic by glass and bottle (anyone know what exactly is Lambic? Its not Iris is it? Just a draft only young lambic?, etc?)
Bottles:
- Bruocsella
- Cuvee SG
- Mamouche
- Zwanze 2012, 2013, 2014
- Fou
- LP Kriek 2012
- Gueuze 2006

Like many, I didn't like Zwazne 2013. But, I have hope for that beer in bottles if it funks up and the bugs take over. Anyone had Zwazne 2013 from the bottle recently?

This thread is not making me want to get to Cantillon any less. Keep up the good work everyone.

As of Monday, Oct 6th here is the available to-go bottles:
- Fou (limit 6)
- Classic (750s & 375s)
- Kriek (750s & 375s)
- Grand Cru Bruocsella (limit 6)
- LP Kriek (limit 3)
- Mamouche (limit 3)

//appears to be the same as HenrikO posted a few days ago
katy_perry_gameday_corndog.gif

in-house and to go bottle lists haven't changed as of today. went straight there off the flight from checking into our hotel and drank a '14 Fou' and a '14 Zwanze before they closed at 5pm.

also bought a stack of bottles and will probably go back for more unless I strike it rich at Fantome and 3F.

in-house and to go bottle lists haven't changed as of today. went straight there off the flight from checking into our hotel and drank a '14 Fou' and a '14 Zwanze before they closed at 5pm.

also bought a stack of bottles and will probably go back for more unless I strike it rich at Fantome and 3F.
How are 14 Fou and 14 Zwanze drinking?

I tried '14 Fou at WTF and was by far the highlight for me. Drinking very, very awesome.

How are 14 Fou and 14 Zwanze drinking?
Incredibly. I didn't make it to Zwanze this year because I've been traveling a metric buttload for work, but I'm really
grateful to get to try it at the source.

'14 FF is super jammy with an amazingly bright tartness. some musky funk on the back end, but the bottle
we drank was quite subtle and balanced. very, very good.

'14 Zwanze tastes like you might imagine mixing Kriek, Iris, and classic gueuze in a perfectly balanced proportion. the dry hopping makes the nose like nothing I've ever smelled lambic-wise, and the cherry flavor is much more subdued than standard kriek. overall, very delightful.

I'll be going back every day I'm here, to be sure.

A
Incredibly. I didn't make it to Zwanze this year because I've been traveling a metric buttload for work, but I'm really
grateful to get to try it at the source.

'14 FF is super jammy with an amazingly bright tartness. some musky funk on the back end, but the bottle
we drank was quite subtle and balanced. very, very good.

'14 Zwanze tastes like you might imagine mixing Kriek, Iris, and classic gueuze in a perfectly balanced proportion. the dry hopping makes the nose like nothing I've ever smelled lambic-wise, and the cherry flavor is much more subdued than standard kriek. overall, very delightful.

I'll be going back every day I'm here, to be sure.
Also don't miss the chance to drink fresh Cantillon Gueuze, Kriek and Faro on cask at Moeder Lambic (Faro is never bottled, get that tick while you're there man)!

Unfortunately I'm not there, I'm just relaying this info through a friend who is. Based on what he said here's the onsite consumption list:

Kriek, Gueuze, Lambic by glass and bottle (anyone know what exactly is Lambic? Its not Iris is it? Just a draft only young lambic?, etc?)
Bottles:
- Bruocsella
- Cuvee SG
- Mamouche
- Zwanze 2012, 2013, 2014
- Fou
- LP Kriek 2012
- Gueuze 2006
And yes, the "lambic" is a draft-only Jonge Lambik (1 year), it's on RB as Jonge Lambik and on Untappd as 1-year Single Cask Lambik or something similar.

Back