CBC 25th Anniversary

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pjl44

Reaction score
Snuck over for a preview tonight before planting myself there tomorrow.

Honey Badger and Benevolence were on point. 2011 You Enjoy My Stout on hand pump had some tartness that crept in. Not entirely unpleasant, but that beer is still at its best when it hasn't been infringed upon.

The 25th Anniversary Double Amber is fantastic. Here's the rundown: We literally doubled the malt and hops in our Amber, then aged it in Turkey Shore rum barrels. The finish is all almond and tannins. The rest is about what you'd expect. I'll be all over this again tomorrow and eager to make a run at the Brett Amber.

I tried the Lush Life - which was amazing - belgian strong dark ale fermented with cherry and raspberry and aged in napa valley merlot barrels. Just a great brew all around.

You guys are making me sad that I don't live in Boston anymore. CBC is one of my absolute favorite breweries. I drank more Cerise Cassee than anything else at GABF.

You guys are making me sad that I don't live in Boston anymore. CBC is one of my absolute favorite breweries. I drank more Cerise Cassee than anything else at GABF.

They're putting on a keg of 2010 Cerise today. No big deal.

2011 You Enjoy My Stout on hand pump had some tartness that crept in. Not entirely unpleasant, but that beer is still at its best when it hasn't been infringed upon.

Yeah, I was caught off guard on the first taste. I asked Ben about it at the outside tent and got kind of mocked: <arm gestures> "Oh no!! It's sour!!". I know, it's shocking, some of us still don't enjoy sour beer, and it's also not always fitting of a particular beer.

Will responded to one of my first-world gripes about their lack of a non-sour BA stout (last year on another site):

"We do! YouEnjoyMyStout is historically a non-sour impy stout. Last year we had one of the barrels go lactic, and I blended it in with the rest to lend a more historical perspective on the style, as in A. le Coq or aged Courage Impy Stout. Unfortunately, this limited the offering's appeal. Next batch of YEM = due out before the anniversary party!"

They're putting on a keg of 2010 Cerise today. No big deal.

raining_david_tennant_nosedrip_zps729a6f33.gif

Yeah, I was caught off guard on the first taste. I asked Ben about it at the outside tent and got kind of mocked: <arm gestures> "Oh no!! It's sour!!". I know, it's shocking, some of us still don't enjoy sour beer, and it's also not always fitting of a particular beer.

Will responded to one of my first-world gripes about their lack of a non-sour BA stout (last year on another site):

"We do! YouEnjoyMyStout is historically a non-sour impy stout. Last year we had one of the barrels go lactic, and I blended it in with the rest to lend a more historical perspective on the style, as in A. le Coq or aged Courage Impy Stout. Unfortunately, this limited the offering's appeal. Next batch of YEM = due out before the anniversary party!"

That's exactly it...it's not supposed to be sour. The vintage Will is referencing was the only one I'd had that was. I thought 2012 was the tart one, so either I'm misremembering or something got into that 2011, too. They had an older one on a month or two ago and it was really great. That's really too bad if you were goofed on for pointing out that something was amiss. If that's how he responds to criticism, he certainly has his work cut out for him with Idle Hands.

I went yesterday. It was as excellent as I expected. All the sours were on point and the 2010 Cerise was just amazing.

The only beer I didn't like was the 25th anniversary double amber. Soooo much sweet for my palate.

Latest posts

Back