Cellar Cooling Unit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steinbbr

Reaction score
I'm looking for some advice on purchasing a cooling unit for my beer cellar. Not sure what unit I should buy. The room is ~10X5 and looking to preferably buy something that will control humidity too. Anyone happy with their units or not?

Based on the lackluster reviews online I decide to forgo a cooling unit. Seems most folks feel the units are too finicky and prefer spending their money on highend insulation to ensure constant temperatures. Now I just need to build my beer cellar. Started framing the cellar out today... let's see where this goes.

Based on the lackluster reviews online I decide to forgo a cooling unit. Seems most folks feel the units are too finicky and prefer spending their money on highend insulation to ensure constant temperatures. Now I just need to build my beer cellar. Started framing the cellar out today... let's see where this goes.
CDzgW1S.jpg

Yeah. The smallest window ac you can buy will work fine. I also know people who use them for fermentation chambers and to hold kegged beers being served.
My plan right now is to wait and see if I can maintain a constant temperature once the build is complete. However, I do like the coolbot option and I left spacing between the studs for an ac if I need it down the road.

Took me a while to get the door squared and secured, but I finally managed. I have a few pieces of foam insulation left to add before Sheetrock and I plan on using spray foam to seal the rest of the gaps.
bWarlBd.jpg
This project is definitely taking longer than I anticipated!

Haven't posted updates in a while, slowly making progress though. Over the past couple of weekends I've completed the insulation and spray foam sealing. Working on getting the green board in and installing LED lights. Removed the door and painted it and bought a cool touch key door lock to keep the riffraff out.
eRD5aZX.jpg

If I had that much undrank beer my wife would kill me and bury me in a shallow grave on my parent's farm. Cool project though!

I've already heard from her "Are you able to drink all this beer before it goes bad" and that's with about 2-3 cases of 12oz bottles and 2 cases of 22oz/750s
I stood my ground firmly with my wife and assured her everyone hordes beer o_O

Back