US - Pacific Cellarmaker Meetup Thread

Help Support Talkbeer:

Looks like CHOP got some feedback, & took it to heart. Pizzas down $2, beers down $1 from when I was there Sunday.
That's quite reassuring. I get the cost of business in SF and all that, but those were possibly pound-for-pound the most expensive pizzas in the city. Even the $2-lower prices are eyebrow-raising but it's at least less insane. Def won't be eating their regularly, but happy about CHOP being an option now. Might have to break this no eating carbs nonsense next week and hit it up.

The brussels sprouts is where it's at I think, and yeah I agree the pizza is still pricy, especially when there's so many food choices around the area.

those were possibly pound-for-pound the most expensive pizzas in the city.
only since una pizza napoletana left...

the price for which i would have gladly paid on the daily if my wife would ever give me a pizza budget...

was stoked on CHOP when I went a couple
Sunday’s ago, and awesome that I could go with my daughter too :)

I thought it was pretty good, better than Square Pie Guys which is the only other Detroit pizza I've had in SF. I think Tony's does that style too but I haven't tried it.
It was very fluffy and you could tell the ingredients are quality. Think Golden Boy but more charred and less greasy.

I thought it was pretty good, better than Square Pie Guys which is the only other Detroit pizza I've had in SF. I think Tony's does that style too but I haven't tried it.
It was very fluffy and you could tell the ingredients are quality. Think Golden Boy but more charred and less greasy.
Do you think it's better than Golden Boy? Cause Golden Boy is my... golden standard.

Do you think it's better than Golden Boy? Cause Golden Boy is my... golden standard.
I thought the execution was a bit better but Golden Boy holds a special place in my heart. I also have to try all of the flavors to compare since there's a serious lack of clam & garlic at CHOP...

Yeah, but is it Paleo?

I thought the execution was a bit better but Golden Boy holds a special place in my heart. I also have to try all of the flavors to compare since there's a serious lack of clam & garlic at CHOP...
The crust is basically what makes Golden Boy so good. Also Za's crust is awesome too. Eh... any fucking crust with a cornmeal bottom is really good to me. I really like that texture. The garlic clam is very good.

The crust is basically what makes Golden Boy so good. Also Za's crust is awesome too. Eh... any fucking crust with a cornmeal bottom is really good to me. I really like that texture. The garlic clam is very good.
And you are usually drunk as fuck when eating Golden Boy. It’s the most delicious thing at that point.

I love Golden Boy sober too. But that rarely happens

KevSal

Supremium Porter
And you are usually drunk as fuck when eating Golden Boy. It’s the most delicious thing at that point.

yea i don’t think i’ve ever had it sober lol. same with pizza orgasmica

i eat it somewhat regularly for lunch while sober - nice walk from fidi. they do always have some kinda fieldwork hazy ipa on draft...

Latest posts