AMA Chad Wiltz (Garagiste Meadery)

Help Support Talkbeer:

What's the latest news with Garagiste?
So what's the latest...

So we've secured a building in the Tampa Heights area. Immediately adjacent to Hidden Springs Ale Works who just won best new brewery in Tampa Bay. Pretty exciting times in the neighborhood.

We've completed the demolition and the build out started last week. Tanks are secured and ready for delivery as soon as the build is completed.

We've applied to the TTB and State. Based on current estimates we think our permits will come through in November or December. This would hopefully have us open sometime around the New Year. We've also began conversations with potential distributors.

In the meantime, we continue to make mead. We've picked up some awards at some respected mead competitions including Meadllennium and recently at the Texas Mead Cup. Feels good to get some validation that our efforts are working.

Cheers...

jivex5k

VEdKb0lHVnlaMjVsY1hKeElIQm9ZV2M=
So what's the latest...

So we've secured a building in the Tampa Heights area. Immediately adjacent to Hidden Springs Ale Works who just won best new brewery in Tampa Bay. Pretty exciting times in the neighborhood.

We've completed the demolition and the build out started last week. Tanks are secured and ready for delivery as soon as the build is completed.

We've applied to the TTB and State. Based on current estimates we think our permits will come through in November or December. This would hopefully have us open sometime around the New Year. We've also began conversations with potential distributors.

In the meantime, we continue to make mead. We've picked up some awards at some respected mead competitions including Meadllennium and recently at the Texas Mead Cup. Feels good to get some validation that our efforts are working.

Cheers...
Meadllennium reminds me of Flipadelphia.

So what's the latest...

Cheers...
Sounds amazing. Is there any feasible way to try said mead in the meantime?

This ^^^^^, we poured over 60 bottles at events over the course of the past two weekends.

Right now our batches are focused on our membership and fine tuning for competitions in the New Year.

With a little luck we'll be open in the first quarter of next year.
Went from messaging you about the Mead X label one weekend to trying Goober Fraise the next (thanks Steve!). It was damn good. Cheers!

Any fun updates? Looking forward to some Garagiste meads this year!
Things are coming along. We ran into some major issues with the City of Tampa and wet zoning; but, I think we've got most of them behind us now. This set us back a solid 3-4 months.

Our TTB has been approved. We'll have our State licenses this week. Construction will be starting back up in the coming weeks.

Our tanks are purchased and sitting in a warehouse awaiting delivery. It's my hope to have them on-site by April. With a little luck we'll be able to open sometime in the Spring.

Goober razz vs regoob razz? Any diff in recipe? Goober razz was much sweeter and more balanced and regoob was not nearly as sweet and MUCH more tart, both good but goober we all Enjoyed much more.

So the latest release was a 6 pack purchase requirement.

Last round members who didn’t buy enough were not invited back.

But people don’t “have” to buy the 6 pack.

So how do you foresee this business model working for you both short and long term?

Pls advise

So the latest release was a 6 pack purchase requirement.

Last round members who didn’t buy enough were not invited back.

But people don’t “have” to buy the 6 pack.

So how do you foresee this business model working for you both short and long term?

Pls advise
Can you confirm people weren’t asked back for not spending enough? There really wasn’t an ask back process. There was a window to renew. If you did, you did. If you didn’t you didn’t. They did say that because there were people that joined and didn’t buy a single bottle, they wanted members that would buy bottles. Not sure why someone who didn’t buy any bottles would want in anyway.

I don’t think they kicked out people who “didn’t buy enough.” I could be wrong, so that’s why I’m asking. Lot of info getting spread out there these days in this hobby and I’m just trying to see what’s accurate.

Latest posts

Group Builder