Chicago - In the loop

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sjstraub

Reaction score
Did some digging and didn't see anything recent so figured I would post this.

I've got a client into beer (well, into ipas - loves sip of sunshine) who I'm meeting for a drink in downtown Chicago next week Wed. He's at a hotel in the loop and I'll be taking the train down from Milwaukee, so no car.

Any recs for us? Would love a spot to eat and drink. Initially thinking publican, which seems close enough.

Did some digging and didn't see anything recent so figured I would post this.

I've got a client into beer (well, into ipas - loves sip of sunshine) who I'm meeting for a drink in downtown Chicago next week Wed. He's at a hotel in the loop and I'll be taking the train down from Milwaukee, so no car.

Any recs for us? Would love a spot to eat and drink. Initially thinking publican, which seems close enough.

The Publican is always a great choice for food and vav . Cruz Blanca has incredible beers top to bottom and delicious mexican street food (tacos, etc). FWIW, Ballast Point just opened a huge new brewery and taproom/restaurant in the West Loop. I can't say anything about it though because I've yet to go.

I'll recommend Villains and Flo & Santos, both in the South Loop. Good food and beer at both. If you go to Flo & Santos, get the pork wings. The pierogi is very enjoyable too.

Hey sup, reach out if you need Pub resos

You/your client willing to take a 10 minute Uber? Forbidden Root is high on the hazy IPA hype list locally - they usually have a variety of styles and guest taps too, and the food is good.

You/your client willing to take a 10 minute Uber? Forbidden Root is high on the hazy IPA hype list locally - they usually have a variety of styles and guest taps too, and the food is good.

Thanks capn.

I would be. I'll ask him. Maybe after dinner.

Timely thread. I’ll be staying in the loop next week for 3 days for work. If anyone has any other brewery/bar/restaurant Recs, I’d love to hear them.

Monday (6/11) I’ll Definitely have time for afternoon or post work drinks and dinner. I’ll drop you a PM. I wasn’t sure if any TBers were in that area.

(Just watched a bunch of Napoleon Dynamite clips)

Freakin A, I’m working at home M-Tu to take my kid to camp while my wife goes to work.

Keep me posted! W?

Timely thread. I’ll be staying in the loop next week for 3 days for work. If anyone has any other brewery/bar/restaurant Recs, I’d love to hear them.

I mapped **** out. My client's depositions got moved so my trip moved back, but maybe this will help you.

(Link to media)

If this Google map link doesn't work, pm me.

Last edited:
I mapped **** out. My client's depositions got moved so my trip moved back, but maybe this will help you.

(Link to media)

If this Google map link doesn't work, pm me.

It worked. Thanks a bunch for sharing that.

One last question - my training is in Willis Tower and I’m staying close by. Are places like The French Market and Magnificent Mile walkable?

It worked. Thanks a bunch for sharing that.

One last question - my training is in Willis Tower and I’m staying close by. Are places like The French Market and Magnificent Mile walkable?

French Market is - if you're free for lunch or drinks W, that's the building I work in!

I mean, Mag Mile is too, if it's nice and you've got 30+ minutes.

I’m around Wednesday but I’m supposed to be in the training from 8:30am-5:00pm and then fly out that evening. My best bet is that the training wraps up early and I can get pre-flight drunk.

I’m around Wednesday but I’m supposed to be in the training from 8:30am-5:00pm and then fly out that evening. My best bet is that the training wraps up early and I can get pre-flight drunk.

Sweet - I should be flexible to head out on a moment's notice if that happens. I'll reply in the PM with my cell.

Just want to close the loop on this (har har). Ended up going to Publican and it was awesome. My guests said it was the best meal they had in Chicago. I can't recommend the carrots highly enough. And pixie dusted was great.

Thanks vav

Nice to meet ya, thanks for the kind words!

Going to be up in Chicago tomorrow to Friday for some work meetings. Appreciate all the reccomendations in this thread.

Question- is the Taste fun or a cluster? Seems like one of those things that sounds fun but then you get there and it’s super crowded and you’re waiting in line a ton...

Question- is the Taste fun or a cluster? Seems like one of those things that sounds fun but then you get there and it’s super crowded and you’re waiting in line a ton...

It's not that terrible, but I only go down for music every other year or so....and might be there for Black Star tomorrow.

I'd say it probably depends on time of day/day of the week for food lines.

This thread is old but my wife and I will be in the area Wednesday-Saturday night.
Staying by Navy Pier and then with some friends (from TB) for a couple days by Rev. plan on doing Publican and a few other spots. Anything new to add in the last year?

This thread is old but my wife and I will be in the area Wednesday-Saturday night.
Staying by Navy Pier and then with some friends (from TB) for a couple days by Rev. plan on doing Publican and a few other spots. Anything new to add in the last year?
well near Rev is this kewl brewpub bungalow w/ a nice patio that bon appetite magazine says "A more fun place to drink interesting beer and eat interesting pizza there simply is not." #humblebrag

Back