Citra Release : lottery + in person + 1 week to pickup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dontdrinkbeer

Reaction score
http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/483950

This is srs business.

Please read the following rules. If you can't play by these rules you won't get your Citra and will accrue some generally bad karma and possibly a kick in the shins.

1.Only one entry per person
2.You have until Sunday, October 13th to join the lottery event
3.If your name is selected in the lottery, you will be notified by e-mail and given further details on how to join the Brown Paper Ticket (BPT) Citra bottle purchase event.
4.You will have from Sunday, October 20th, until Thursday, October 24th to buy your Citra bottles (limit 6) on BPT. You must purchase your bottles during this time frame or you will forfeit your chance to purchase bottles.
5.You will have from Friday, October 25th until Sunday, November 3rd to pick your bottles up at KRBC in Kernville.
6.If you do not pick up your bottles during these dates, you will forfeit your bottles and NO REFUND will be given. So please make sure you can make the drive to Kernville before you enter the lottery event.
7.You must present your I.D. to pick up your bottles
8.Your I.D. must match the name you have submitted in the lottery
9.We will not hold bottles for you past November 3rd.

Again, these rules are pretty simple, and if you are wondering if there is a way around them, the answer is probably no. So please, no phone calls asking "hey, can my buddy come pick up my Citra bottles for me?" or "I can't make it to Kernville during that 10-day period but decided to register anyway, can you ship to London?"

This is srs bizness...glad to see more breweries using BPT.
Not that it matters to me as I refuse to drive to BFE for an IPA when it is plentifull at SDBW and festivals...ohh and my citra IPA is waaayyyyy better.o_O

I'd be shocked you know how to type if you like to breast feed in public. Either you're very advanced for your age or your mother should probably re-think breast feeding a 5 year old.

On topic, this isn't too surprising after reading about the last release. Seems like BPT is the easiest way to limit release craziness. I'd say using online sales is the best way, but Lost Abbey managed to prove that part incorrect.

The lolz will not be insubstantial when zombie dust is once again offered for citra.

More so for Daisy cutter, only surpassed by my personal favorite, jai Alai offers.
People seriously offer standard Daisy Cutter for Citra? What the ****. Jai Alai is hilarious since those same traders will be like, "I had to go to two stores. Two! My six-pack should trade for at least 2 citra. Come on!"

edit: Then you get that one dude a while back who bought his Jai Alai at a bar and tried to claim it was $6 a can for $4$. Hilarious.

Sucks it came to this, but after the last Friday release I agree this is the best course of action. The Lodge will be missing out on some business because I am pretty sure that place was sold out with Citra chasers trying to get 2 allotments (I was one of them, but missed Friday and only got 1 allotment). Hopefully I am drawn for some bottles.

I've missed the boat/never thought it was worth the necessary ammo on this a few times in a row, but think I may actually trade for it this time. Hit me up if you get an allocation.

I've missed the boat/never thought it was worth the necessary ammo on this a few times in a row, but think I may actually trade for it this time. Hit me up if you get an allocation.
I bet this system makes it easier to trade for.

Also, just as an FYI, I think it falls off pretty quickly. If you don't work out a trade where the guy can send right away, I wouldn't bother. (Though my experience is ages ago, the August 2011 batch, it's possible it lasts a bit longer now.)

I bet this system makes it easier to trade for.

Also, just as an FYI, I think it falls off pretty quickly. If you don't work out a trade where the guy can send right away, I wouldn't bother. (Though my experience is ages ago, the August 2011 batch, it's possible it lasts a bit longer now.)
I think the falloff claims are exaggerated but yeah fresh Is best as with anything

The problem is this beer suffers from parabolitis in that you cannot improve your situation in any meaningful way by trading it. It is already that good.

I just hope it isn't a squad of east coasters that enter the raffle project mayhem style with no intention of pickups and then us 250 miles away locals get shut out.

I traded a Bramble for a couple at last release. Good, but not worth the trade because of all the amazing, easier to get IPAs available. Abrasive might be one of the best IPAs out there and much easier to acquire. Just HMO.

Note- I don't care for Bramble so it was worth the risk.

But... tick...

Good luck to everyone entering the lottery. Once the dust settles, if anyone wants to send bottles east in exchange for VT goodies, please let me know.

I don't think people who enter the lotto who don't buy will be an issue because they have a purchase window before the release too, so they could have some sort of wait list to allow the final bottles to be purchased.

Most previous citra batches have been what like 800 bottles? So if 140 people get full allotment they have a back up list for those who (for some crazy reason) don't max out?

Who knows. High hopes

I threw my name in the hat. As many times I've played a lottery, I've never won a thing. If I don't get bottles, I'll make the 30 minute drive Saturdy anyways and have copious amounts of it on draft.

I asked them on Facebook if they had a plan to deal with those that are just diluting the entry pool and aren't going to buy. They said they do. We'll see.

Usually between 110 and 120 cases.
You enter? We're having a little bottle share the first Saturday night of the release.

320 winners My group went went 1:12 meaning like 4000 entrants. No way 4000 people with legit aspirations to buy bottles entered.

Well.... statistics and odds don't work that way. 1:12 IS an anomaly on near 1:2 odds - but supported. They said 600ish entrants.

More specifically, a "success" (i.e. winning) is a binomial random variable (since winning or losing for any person is independent of any other person). If we assume the odds of winning are p = 0.5 (so 640 entrants with 320 winners, just to keep things simple), then the odds of at most 1 successes out of 12 trials is 0.003 or 0.3%, i.e. this will only happen about 3 times out of every 1000 in the long run. So unlikely and clearly "unlucky", but certainly possible.

More specifically, a "success" (i.e. winning) is a binomial random variable (since winning or losing for any person is independent of any other person). If we assume the odds of winning are p = 0.5 (so 640 entrants with 320 winners, just to keep things simple), then the odds of at most 1 successes out of 12 trials is 0.003 or 0.3%, i.e. this will only happen about 3 times out of every 1000 in the long run. So unlikely and clearly "unlucky", but certainly possible.

I iz not has a PhD and iz 38 so skewl long time ago but yes I is in agree,

My wife and three other people are the only ones that I personally know that got their names drawn. One of those people got his mules drawn three times.
The majority of "locals" got shut out of acquiring bottles.

A group of us (all losers) are heading up on Sunday to enjoy copious amounts of citra on tap.

Signed up under a few different accounts and won. Hoping to screw over some locals who are such big fans of Upland that they received their winning e-mails in their spam folder.
They are doing second drawings for unpurchased bottles.

Latest posts

Back