US - New England Connecticut... What's going on?

Help Support Talkbeer:

Ok folks, sorry for the slightly longer update window. Very much excited to be putting together the 1st Annual (Unofficial) TalkBeer CT Lambic Share! Details below:

Time: Saturday, June 1st, 2pm - til we can’t drink anymore (likely midnight-ish)
Place: New Haven, my apartment.
Theme: Lambic focused share but open to all beers.
RSVP: If you don’t have my number, shoot me a message for details and updates

I’ll plan on having a selection of meats and cheeses, other snacks, and pizza from Abate’s for food. I have a ton of lambic I’d like to open including some bag in box lambic!

Important note: Make sure that you have a safe way of getting home, either cutting yourself off responsibly, ride share, or get picked up. I don’t want anyone being irresponsible and it’s important to me that everyone has fun and does it safely.

Looking forward to it, going to be a blast!!!
Small chance I might be in Maine that weekend, if not I should be able to make it.

That's where we are at in NY. I get excited when I see it on the shelves and then I realize it's the same stuff since January.

Awake is still amazing though.
Yeah, I'm sure I'll be picking up NS, I'll just have to check dates after awhile.

primebeer

Assistant to the Regional Moderator
Contributor
Ok folks, sorry for the slightly longer update window. Very much excited to be putting together the 1st Annual (Unofficial) TalkBeer CT Lambic Share! Details below:

Time: Saturday, June 1st, 2pm - til we can’t drink anymore (likely midnight-ish)
Place: New Haven, my apartment.
Theme: Lambic focused share but open to all beers.
RSVP: If you don’t have my number, shoot me a message for details and updates

I’ll plan on having a selection of meats and cheeses, other snacks, and pizza from Abate’s for food. I have a ton of lambic I’d like to open including some bag in box lambic!

Important note: Make sure that you have a safe way of getting home, either cutting yourself off responsibly, ride share, or get picked up. I don’t want anyone being irresponsible and it’s important to me that everyone has fun and does it safely.

Looking forward to it, going to be a blast!!!
Just to bump this, if you haven't messaged or texted me, please do if you plan on coming. I'd like to keep a headcount as best as possible.

Also, although this is lambic themed, feel free to bring anything you'd like to share with the group. This is NOT a whale share. Some 'whales' may be opened, but it is certainly not the expectation. Last, if there is a food item that you think would augment the festivities, it is more than welcomed.

Again, looking forward to having a blast with as many of you as possible!

Make the change, you won’t want to miss this!
I got the day off from work. Now it means that I'm choosing between this and a weekend in Maine with my family including my father that I haven't seen in about a year. Kinda torn here. I mean, I know which one I want to do...

primebeer

Contributor
I got the day off from work. Now it means that I'm choosing between this and a weekend in Maine with my family including my father that I haven't seen in about a year. Kinda torn here. I mean, I know which one I want to do...
No worries dude, there will always be more shares and beers. Would be great if you can come, but there's always next time as well!

Just to bump this, if you haven't messaged or texted me, please do if you plan on coming. I'd like to keep a headcount as best as possible.

Also, although this is lambic themed, feel free to bring anything you'd like to share with the group. This is NOT a whale share. Some 'whales' may be opened, but it is certainly not the expectation. Last, if there is a food item that you think would augment the festivities, it is more than welcomed.

Again, looking forward to having a blast with as many of you as possible!
I am, regrettably, out. I have a wedding in NYC that day.
Lamnic codasnap52, you guys need a place to crash? Im in the city til Sunday afternoon, but my place is open

primebeer

Contributor
We drank some beers yesterday in CT! Thanks to everyone who came out, it was a blast!!!

Graveyard from upstairs:

Graveyard from downstairs:

Some closeups for detail:

Too many fantastic beers to single out any particular highlights, but man oh man what a day. Not pictured are the Oud Beersel lambic bags we rocked all day as well. Cheers

Headed back up to the SW CT area next week - any noteworthy new breweries down there?

Was going to make a Treehouse run but the Publick House doesn't have their fresh blueberry pies this year and I am sad.

I'm just excited to go pick up the new Two Roads releases.

Headed back up to the SW CT area next week - any noteworthy new breweries down there?

Was going to make a Treehouse run but the Publick House doesn't have their fresh blueberry pies this year and I am sad.

Have you been to Fox Farm or Counterweight?

Might as well head to Tribus if you’re going to 2R. Maybe head up to Nod Hill in Ridgefield, but that might be a bit far from where you’ll be. Otherwise maybe hit Birdman Juke in Bridgeport for fried chicken (new restaurant from a former Top Chef contestant).
Have you been to Fox Farm or Counterweight?
These are also the correct suggestions, but probably farther than you’re looking to go (unless you do CW on the way back from TH).

Latest posts