Connecticut... What's going on?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Couple releases Wednesday Nov 27 that I'm aware of. Some more interesting than others:

NEBCO Fat-Ten-Er #3 Milk Stout at the brewery
Sheebeen Brewing - Special Edition Bourbon Barrel Aged Double Rye Porter will be available at the brewery only in growlers. 1 per person. Open 2-8 Wednesday
Relic - Bottles of a French-style saison Hiver at the brewery

I'll probably be stopping into NEBCO at some point Wednesday. I'm also (tentatively) heading up to Night Shift on Saturday, if anyone needs their Sour Futures bottles muled back to CT.

Couple releases Wednesday Nov 27 that I'm aware of. Some more interesting than others:

NEBCO Fat-Ten-Er #3 Milk Stout at the brewery
Sheebeen Brewing - Special Edition Bourbon Barrel Aged Double Rye Porter will be available at the brewery only in growlers. 1 per person. Open 2-8 Wednesday
Relic - Bottles of a French-style saison Hiver at the brewery

I'll probably be stopping into NEBCO at some point Wednesday. I'm also (tentatively) heading up to Night Shift on Saturday, if anyone needs their Sour Futures bottles muled back to CT.

I am possibly also heading to NS Saturday to pick up some glass, lemme know if you end up going!

I was there a 2 weeks back for the 1st time, and it's a pretty cool place. Enjoyed the non-shelf beers on draft and had a cool vibe.

Idle Hands is right next door too, which is cool.

Hmmmm, I only work until 3 tomorrow. Ten'er or Shebeen???
I'd imagine Ten'er will last a few days, so maybe do Shebeen if you'll have a chance to make it to NEBCO sometime in the near future. Then you can also report back if the beer is any good.
No chance Im driving all the way to Wolcott today, so NEBCO it is for me.

I'd imagine Ten'er will last a few days, so maybe do Shebeen if you'll have a chance to make it to NEBCO sometime in the near future. Then you can also report back if the beer is any good.
No chance Im driving all the way to Wolcott today, so NEBCO it is for me.
Shebeen has a somewhat cool atmosphere, but the beer is quite pedestrian IMO.

I would've been here but I went hunting for Bourbon County variants up in Mass.

nT8KY1r.jpg

The regular bourbon county stout popped up around new haven county today. Seems like they don't really know when the variants will be delivered. Got a couple "Maybe next week" answers. Has anyone heard anything more concrete?

The regular bourbon county stout popped up around new haven county today. Seems like they don't really know when the variants will be delivered. Got a couple "Maybe next week" answers. Has anyone heard anything more concrete?
"Maybe next week" was a lot more specific than what I got for an answer, which was basically "we have no freaking clue"

"Maybe next week" was a lot more specific than what I got for an answer, which was basically "we have no freaking clue"

I always assume "maybe next week" means that they really don't have any idea until it shows up in a delivery. It seemed like the guy was expecting more than regular to come in today and found out this morning that was all they were getting.

Limited help here - Stew Leonard's in Newington has one case BCBS, limit one 4 pack at 23.99. CT Bev in Newington also has one 4 pack limit at 25.99, multiple cases of Limbo available.

Yeah, I passed. Becoming quite an effort to accumulate a case. Last year it was one store and done.
I was able to do that Wednesday in the Albany area. I could have bought 10 cases if I wanted to, but they didn't have variants.

Anyone seen Stone Southern Charred in the Hartford area?
Not in the Hartford area, but I know New Haven area had them a week or two ago (Coastal posted on facebook they got them in on Nov 16th). I'd imagine if places got this year's double bastard, they might have gotten Southern Charred/Crime/Punishment as well, but in very limited quantities.

Not in the Hartford area, but I know New Haven area had them a week or two ago (Coastal posted on facebook they got them in on Nov 16th). I'd imagine if places got this year's double bastard, they might have gotten Southern Charred/Crime/Punishment as well, but in very limited quantities.
How much were they going for? I may have Kristen's parents bring me some down this weekend from VT.

How much were they going for? I may have Kristen's parents bring me some down this weekend from VT.
Pretty sure I saw them at Amity in New Haven for something around $18. Not 100% sure, just remember that I didn't want to spend that much... Someone on BA posted they saw them still sitting there on Saturday (I saw them at least 2 weeks ago), so I can check tonight on my ride home from work if anyone is interested.

Pretty sure I saw them at Amity in New Haven for something around $18. Not 100% sure, just remember that I didn't want to spend that much... Someone on BA posted they saw them still sitting there on Saturday (I saw them at least 2 weeks ago), so I can check tonight on my ride home from work if anyone is interested.
Yeah, let me know please. I'm interested in the pepper ones.

Yeah, let me know please. I'm interested in the pepper ones.
Read through the reviews for both Crime and Punishment on the other site and they were quite commical. Most seemed to indicate that, regardless of whether or not they liked the beer, they would not be able to down more than 4oz or so in one sitting. I too would love to try it, though I would much prefer to spend the money on Southern Charred.

Read through the reviews for both Crime and Punishment on the other site and they were quite commical. Most seemed to indicate that, regardless of whether or not they liked the beer, they would not be able to down more than 4oz or so in one sitting. I too would love to try it, though I would much prefer to spend the money on Southern Charred.
Just started reading the ones for Crime. From the description, it sounds like I'd like it. That's what I'm looking for this/these beers to be... Beer that is REALLY spicy.

Just started reading the ones for Crime. From the description, it sounds like I'd like it. That's what I'm looking for this/these beers to be... Beer that is REALLY spicy.
That was my exact thought too, as I enjoy hot food. There was one person that said "every burp tasted like jalapeño pizza afterwards"... i actually think that might be a good thing.

That was my exact thought too, as I enjoy hot food. There was one person that said "every burp tasted like jalapeño pizza afterwards"... i actually think that might be a good thing.
Just read that, and agree!

Someone on BA posted they saw them still sitting there on Saturday (I saw them at least 2 weeks ago), so I can check tonight on my ride home from work if anyone is interested.

Not that person, but they had about 4 bottles of Crime and Punishment (I think) each on the shelf behind the computer station on Saturday during the BCBS rush.

Limited help here - Stew Leonard's in Newington has one case BCBS, limit one 4 pack at 23.99. CT Bev in Newington also has one 4 pack limit at 25.99, multiple cases of Limbo available.
Is that the CT Bev by the WestFarm mall? If so, hilarious. I bought a 4pk when I was down for Thanksgiving and it was priced at $21.99. Actually, hilarious either way since that would mean they have different pricing at each store. What a terrible chain - I felt awful giving them money but since they weren't gouging and I missed the release in Maine, it lessened the blow

Is that the CT Bev by the WestFarm mall? If so, hilarious. I bought a 4pk when I was down for Thanksgiving and it was priced at $21.99. Actually, hilarious either way since that would mean they have different pricing at each store. What a terrible chain - I felt awful giving them money but since they weren't gouging and I missed the release in Maine, it lessened the blow

Not the one by the mall but agree, chain is terrible. Was shopping in the area so gave it a try. What you paid is great for central CT.

Last year they (the one by westfarms) had a bottle of 2011 IST (the last year in the big bottle). They had a sign on it saying "Last bottle in central CT!" and they wanted 25.99 for it.

Back