Copenhagen Beer Celebration 2017

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IndianaJones

Reaction score
http://mikkeller.dk/2016/09/18/mikkeller-beer-celebration-copenhagen-2017/

Looks like tickets go on sale tomorrow for the gold and silver packages. I am pretty dang interested in going to check out Copenhagen in general, and this sounds like a great opportunity to do so.

Any TBers want to share their past experiences to help get me psyched to do this? Any already planning to head that way?

Yeah, first time for me last time (2016). Great festival, great city, much like....

(Stood in a long line for quite some time, which I though would yield some deGarde Broken Truck v2. But it turned out to be the line to three floyds dark lord (variant). just a ninja move out of the line later I had Broken Truck and some random fruited deGarde. good times!:))

A friend and I bought gold tickets. He's definitely going because he'll be there for work around that time and I'm hoping/planning on going.

tumblr_inline_n5i9x14QsA1qafrh6.gif

A couple friends talked some sense into me so we're not doing the Gold ticket (honestly 8 hours of beer in 2 straight days might kill me), but excited to attend for the first time and will be doing Sessions 1 and 4!

I will be there again this year with a few friends. Will be in Copenhagen Wednesday night! This list is quite insane.

Going! Haven't bought the ticket yet, as I'm still hoping to find someone who wants to part with a gold ticket. If I can't find one, I'll go pink.

Nice, Voodoo Brewery coming as well! ( And I'm not trying to market this event, just looking forward to it! =) )
Very happy to see that! Looking forward to trying everything they bring :)

Anyone heard about anything happening outside the festival? I Sent an email to Drikkeriget asking about sour and bitter, and they might host a *small* dinner with the Bruery. Nothing decided yet though.

I've had my golden ticket since they went on sale :)
Alpine, TG, TH, Cigar City, Alefarm, Grimm, Superstition, Monkish, Other Half, The Alchemist, The Veil are on my list...
I'll have to go say hi to Bokker too. Well, don't have to but it's only polite ;-) (and he'll probably have something good on offer, I'm sure)

I've had my golden ticket since they went on sale :)
Alpine, TG, TH, Cigar City, Alefarm, Grimm, Superstition, Monkish, Other Half, The Alchemist, The Veil are on my list...
I'll have to go say hi to Bokker too. Well, don't have to but it's only polite ;-) (and he'll probably have something good on offer, I'm sure)
I decided beforehand that I would be fine with just a pink ticket, but of course changed my might right after the gold ones were all sold out.. Anyway, I'm sure it'll be a great weekend no matter the color of my wristband.
Bokkereyder was last year's highlight tbh. Especially that Pinot Kriek he brought. Insanely good!

Still a couple of weeks away, but getting closer sooo anyone want to do an IP trade? (basically want various US stuff, got some lambic)

Are you interested in big Bruery stouts?

Srs, not srs, sorta srs?
No, not this year. Got two last CBC and didn't really care for them. Got any small to medium Bruery stouts?
Thought about making a proper post in ISO/FT, but due to the small amount of TBers attending (??) and being able to do an IP I started here and yeah, should probably put up both FTs and ISOs. I would be interested in some BA Speedway Stout or variant though. :)

Flights finally booked, seems like I'll spend the entire beerweek in Copenhagen. Psyched! If anyone wants to meet up and split some bottles at Himmeriget/Koelschip, trade for some l00ns or sell me their gold ticket, drop me a PM! ;)

Still no news from Drikkeriget regarding S&B. Has any other side-events been released yet? I feel it's a lot quieter about takeovers etc this year. IIRC HF announced their takeover at warpigs fairly early last year, no?

Also, VBDL announced for the last session. Seems like 3F will pull the longest lines this year too, unless TG brings something heavy.

Oh, I read that as 3 Fonteinen and I was wondering if I missed something...
I'm hoping for some fresh hops from several breweries (especially Monkish tbh)

Oh, I read that as 3 Fonteinen and I was wondering if I missed something...
I'm hoping for some fresh hops from several breweries (especially Monkish tbh)
Yea I also hope the good IPA brewers actually bring lots of hoppy stuff, there will be enough stouts and sours on the festival anyway.

I'm happy, my airbnb is just 800m from warpigs, 1.1km from MBCC. I can crawl home on all fours at night :)
Wednesday is worse tbh, Other half, Cloudwater AND Uli...

Not sure i'll be able to attend (worst weeks with school + work), BUT if anyone haven't settled their trades for the trip i'm up for some IP during those days. Mainly sitting on loons, mainly looking for us funk/hops/stouts.

This is a long shot but does anyone have a ticket sale for the silver blue session? For anyone who has been there, do tickets get sold outside the event/possible extra tickets released the day of?

This is a long shot but does anyone have a ticket sale for the silver blue session? For anyone who has been there, do tickets get sold outside the event/possible extra tickets released the day of?
Nothing for sale and didn't see any ticket sales outside last year (hopefully the ones that bought tickets wanted them for themselves).

Seen some tickets being offered at the MBCC/CBC Facebook page though.

App available! Either search for MBCC17 or go via the link posted at Mikkeller's facebook. First reactions: No Grimm? And is TG really bringing 2x PseudoSue for every session?

App available! Either search for MBCC17 or go via the link posted at Mikkeller's facebook. First reactions: No Grimm? And is TG really bringing 2x PseudoSue for every session?
placeholder? instead of Blah blah (or maybe that's a beer??) that some brewery used or Bokkeryder's "lambic" for all sessions.

placeholder? instead of Blah blah (or maybe that's a beer??) that some brewery used or Bokkeryder's "lambic" for all sessions.
That's what I'm thinking. I mean it can't be one single beer all weekend, right? Perhaps different hop variants, but still.. nah.

I suspect they'll be replaced with some quite high-demand beers very close to the session start time.

~370dkk for the Bokkereyder framboos tasting felt more reasonable than 5k for the loons. Anyone else got tickets for the early session?

Back