Copypasta from my BA post about J Wakefield

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucas1801

AKA SaugusBrewer
Reaction score
We all know the rep of the berliners. But do we know them? After a ridiculous purchase process for some mini snifters I should have known better, communication guys come on. I finally got pricing and paid for glassware 3 weeks ago, not only do I have no glassware but I have no communication since my payment which was confirmed the same day. I understand it is hard to run a small business but it is easy to communicate with a paying/payed customer. I want to like these guys as Berliners are one of my favorite styles but this is just bad business at this point.

By "do we know them" are you referring to JW himself? Who is "them" the berliners? Edit: oh, you mean the "brewery."

You should have posted this on ratebeer when there was a 20 page disussion about him...

Sorry to hear about your luck. I know it certainly isnt any consolation but i think he is in the middle of a month-long getaway working at Cigar City. Maybe that is why he hasnt been around to ship you your purchase. (Assuming he is the one doing it all himself.)

Edit: I read your post again and had to laugh. The "business" aspect was the reason behind the ratebeer discussion. Someone in the area had a bone to pick and was pissed that he is operating to gain funds via loopholes. Essentially selling homebrew since he is not a licensed brewery or business yet. (Or at least that is the way the disucssion went and would lead you to believe.)

Last edited:
By "do we know them" are you referring to JW himself? Who is "them" the berliners? Edit: oh, you mean the "brewery."

You should have posted this on ratebeer when there was a 20 page disussion about him...

Sorry to hear about your luck. I know it certainly isnt any consolation but i think he is in the middle of a month-long getaway working at Cigar City. Maybe that is why he hasnt been around to ship you your purchase. (Assuming he is the one doing it all himself.)

Edit: I read your post again and had to laugh. The "business" aspect was the reason behind the ratebeer discussion. Someone in the area had a bone to pick and was pissed that he is operating to gain funds via loopholes. Essentially selling homebrew since he is not a licensed brewery or business yet. (Or at least that is the way the disucssion went and would lead you to believe.)

Link? I tried but couldn't find it.

JW himself. He got back to me today and said he asked his wife to ship them as he will be at CCB the next 6 weeks. We shall see what happens now.

Was your communication process with JW as muddled as that first post?
Haha. It was more like I message him, he gets back to me, I reply, he replies a few days later asking for qty and ship to info, I give him info, he gives me his paypal and a price, I send money, then nothing from him for 3 weeks even though I sent other messages.

Back