CT Reuben/Beer tasting thing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davey101

Reaction score
So apparently the cool thing to do in the beer community is to eat corned beef on some bread and drink walez while in a group? I know we have a few CT posters so is anyone interested in setting something up so that we can talk about Gandhi bot, females, and like football or something else manly? I've got the hook ups on some mean Rye bread and my toasting skills are unparalleled...lets do this!

So apparently the cool thing to do in the beer community is to eat corned beef on some bread and drink walez while in a group? I know we have a few CT posters so is anyone interested in setting something up so that we can talk about Gandhi bot, females, and like football or something else manly? I've got the hook ups on some mean Rye bread and my toasting skills are unparalleled...lets do this!
Ehwp0cn.jpg

Depending upon the time frame, if it's sometime in the Spring.... I could provide a venue and host it. Would be in the Hartford county area.
Considering I have met all of you in person, I could convince my wife the likelihood of either of us ending up in a bathtub full of ice is significantly less than say....the Craigslist casual encounters section.

What does one pair with the salty & filling Reuben ? A single hopped pale ale, like NEBCO Galaxy or something similar could work. Then when it is time for dessert, move on to barleywines ?

Depending on the min .rarity requirement for this, I'd be interested. New to the area and would love to meet some fellow beer lovers.

With this crowd especially, I get the feeling that we're all at different levels and everyone that's graduated from BA to TalkBeer understands that. The dick-waving isn't the focus of people here and except for some tasting threads, it really is about the relationships and people you get to drink with.

I usually try to bring one really nice beer and 2-3 standard but out of distribution beers. I think the only exception to this rule is if someone brings a bottle of Sam Adams Alpine whatever-the-****, that's not cool.

I was thinking something along the lines of:
  • Random Hill Farmstead Saison
  • Nicer Hill Farmstead release beer (Norma, Elaborative, Damon)
  • Out of Distro sour / wild ale (Upland, SARA, Russian River)
  • 2 Bruery beers because I buy too many of them and please people drink my ****ing Bruery beers...I can't dome a Mocha Wednesday by myself.

I think what I'm bringing is upper-end standard of what people are expecting. Bring more or less and that's up to you. Just don't bring 40s of Cobra w/ duct tape. It ain't that kind of party...or is it?

It's definitely more about having a fun time. I wouldn't worry about not bringing enough or something rare. There's usually way too much beer at a tasting anyways haha.

Best example of that was the bottle share during Farmhouse Festival at HFS. Holy lord sweet jesus, that was a ****ing train wreck. like 500+ bottles for 200 people? Bro whips out a 3 litre oil of Aphrodite and bros just pouring Double Black and Framboos like was a random Wednesday. My head hurt SOOO bad the next day.

It was a glorious yet terrible day for livers.

Probably due for a trip down to see the family late spring/early summer, so will keep my eyes on this thread (assuming you don't mind out-of-staters)

I'm definitely in and Dino permitted we don't kill each other at the gangbang (insert joke here) I'd also probably take you up on mattress somewhere in the cave/garage/backyard/bathroom

I'd be game for something like this, I have some beers I just can't crack open without sharing...

The hill farmstead bottle share, the last thing I remember is a flight of abyss, and then it was morning , just glad I made it back to my tent.

Latest posts

Back