Cyde’s LIF

Help Support Talkbeer:

First off I want to thank everyone who donated, put up boxes, and offered encouraging words throughout this ordeal. cyde will be missed, but his selfless spirit has touched so many people. Thank you for being there for his family when they needed it the most. You all have helped raise a total of $3,460. $2,500 was sent last month to help with immediate expenses, and the remainder was sent to his wife this morning.

For the boxes generously donated by tommyguz, jrstar96, libbey, and my box I did a random number generator. I counted close to 50 TBers who donated, my apologies for anyone I left out. I tried to match names for those of you didn’t leave their TB handle.

For my box- NeedsMoreDog

Libbey- sjstraub

Jrstar96 - mborden

Tommyguz- exitmusic00

Thank you all again. Please remember this community is here to help anytime you’re struggling or feeling down. Please don’t hesitate to reach out.

Mark

First off I want to thank everyone who donated, put up boxes, and offered encouraging words throughout this ordeal. cyde will be missed, but his selfless spirit has touched so many people. Thank you for being there for his family when they needed it the most. You all have helped raise a total of $3,460. $2,500 was sent last month to help with immediate expenses, and the remainder was sent to his wife this morning.

For the boxes generously donated by tommyguz, jrstar96, libbey, and my box I did a random number generator. I counted close to 50 TBers who donated, my apologies for anyone I left out. I tried to match names for those of you didn’t leave their TB handle.

For my box- NeedsMoreDog

Libbey- sjstraub

Jrstar96 - mborden

Tommyguz- exitmusic00

Thank you all again. Please remember this community is here to help anytime you’re struggling or feeling down. Please don’t hesitate to reach out.

Mark
Weird to win this one but I hope the fundraiser provided some small comfort to his family in this time. Thanks for organizing this.

Thank you again Compton25 for organizing this. Strange as fuck to “win” this, but whatever tommyguz sends will be donated to Brews for New Avenues 2019. New Avenues for Youth is an organization that serves youth experiencing homelessness - a population that no doubt experiences their own struggles with mental health. Whatever I/we can do to raise awareness is worth it. As a mental health professional myself, anyone in this community can reach out to me anytime for an available ear and an open mind.

Thank you again Compton25 for organizing this. Strange as fuck to “win” this, but whatever tommyguz sends will be donated to Brews for New Avenues 2019. New Avenues for Youth is an organization that serves youth experiencing homelessness - a population that no doubt experiences their own struggles with mental health. Whatever I/we can do to raise awareness is worth it. As a mental health professional myself, anyone in this community can reach out to me anytime for an available ear and an open mind.
Very generous of you and everyone in this thread; I am sure Zach would approve,!

I got to hang out with Zach over a weekend in Brussels and Antwerp a few years ago with Compton25 and BusinessSloth and one of the things we were discussing repeatedly were the non-profits we worked with/for that helped out kids. He was such a warm person and dedicated to helping others.
When a fundraiser he started did not work out with his organization he had all the money, a few thousand dollars, donated to New Avenues for Youth. We kept talking about him making it to Brews at some point, I am still holding onto a VIP ticket for him...

It has been echoed over and over again in this thread, but if you or someone you know needs help please, please seek out help, talk to someone, we love you.

Pm sent

This weekend I received a wonderful box from jrstar96. In the spirit of these being beers that you shared with cyde, I'll make sure that I share these with friends when the time comes. Thank you!

View attachment 8761
Forgot to mention that priaire dawg was just to be able to send a stout, and I don't have many stouts. I thought it would be a fun one that you were unlikely to have tried. Was not related to Zach.

The other 5 however all have a connection. Zach loved Petitie Prince. We also share one way or another, either at JK or one of our homes, those other 4. The Vat was meaningful for me because he brought it over for me to try before you can find it for sale in Texas. I ended up ordering a dozen online because I enjoyed it so much.

Forgot to mention that priaire dawg was just to be able to send a stout, and I don't have many stouts. I thought it would be a fun one that you were unlikely to have tried. Was not related to Zach.

The other 5 however all have a connection. Zach loved Petitie Prince. We also share one way or another, either at JK or one of our homes, those other 4. The Vat was meaningful for me because he brought it over for me to try before you can find it for sale in Texas. I ended up ordering a dozen online because I enjoyed it so much.
That's awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Latest posts