Dark Lord Day 2014

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justforrazors

Reaction score
http://darklordday.com/

Website has now been updated with details. Tickets go on sale March 17th at 12:00. 2 person at $30 per ticket, same as last year. The event will be April 26th at 10:00.

Looking forward to hopefully getting tickets (I sure hope so, hotel has been booked since November) and sharing some great beers with you guys.

I am certain this year tickets won't be a shitstorm.

the-big-lebowski-o.gif

So I'm always confused... If I buy 2 tickets and my girlfriend and I got do we both get the opportunity for golden tickets. I know we both can get an allotment of regular DL but curious if we both have the chance to "win" the right to purchase the BADL

Yes. Each individual person with a ticket gets an allotment and a scratcher.
Thanks...for 2 things actually

1. Answering the questions

and more impressively

2. Not giving me a hard time about my question :)

Therefore I'm going to ask another probably silly question

I hear that there are bottle shares at the event. Are they organized or just people walk up and share pours of a little bit of everything?

Do any of the BA variants get poured during the event by 3f?

Ok I think I used up my dumb question quota

1) Bottle shares in line arent really organized. Sometimes people will get a table together and then it is a bit more organized, but not really. Usually, just bring a bottle to pop, set it down, and enjoy other bottles. The biggest bottle share is usually the night before at the hampton in munster.

2) BA variants are poured, but run out fast and in previous years there wasn't a max amount you could buy. People were getting as much of they could carry of the BVDL last year, and it ran out in probably 30 minutes. Results vary based on time of day.

How's the weather around there at that time of the year? Anywhere to throw a tent down?

The weather is usually great, wear tshirt and flip flops

It's usually great, except for when it is 30 and sleeting, 116 F and clear skies, or the brewery is on fire.

And if you wear flipflops to this event, you will DIE.

Anywhere to set up a tent where I can crash and burn?

Your best "tent" will be your car that you paid $50 to park and they won't let you stay over night.

It's usually great, except for when it is 30 and sleeting, 116 F and clear skies, or the brewery is on fire.

And if you wear flipflops to this event, you will DIE.

Your best "tent" will be your car that you paid $50 to park and they won't let you stay over night.
:(

Anywhere to set up a tent where I can crash and burn?
Sleep is for the weak you silly old ****er.

Real men drink at the tastings the night before until 1am or so then take someone else's car and park for free in a good spot to hold it. Spend the night alone and drunk playing hacky sack in the middle of the street while it's 20 degrees out, waving to all the cops that drive by.

Funny thing is some of you think I am kidding and making this tale up.

i have an equal interest in going and not going this year. problem is, if i decide to go, chances are slim that any of my friends want to put up with my drunken antics once again. could be worse, but could be a lot better.

i have an equal interest in going and not going this year. problem is, if i decide to go, chances are slim that any of my friends want to put up with my drunken antics once again. could be worse, but could be a lot better.

Way bigger last year...like wall to wall people. Add to that, some decided to get wasted and stay down there causing a ruckus/breaking bottles/etc. Police were called to disperse the neckbeards. I was sad.

Neckbeards are the WORST. I can only imagine the thousands of pairs of moobs down there...guys like this amiright:

1355682749222.jpg

Back