Dark Lord Day 2015

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gtx281

Reaction score
Tickets on sale Saturday 3/14 @ Noon

http://event.etix.com/ticket/online/performanceSale.do?performance_id=3496159&method=restoreToken

I don't think eTix uses a queue system. F5 time!

So who's in?

***** Mod edit - summarizing useful info here *****

DLD Trading Spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/151iW2h3KCrMITSG7UGyChFk3nLsv9HLerLPWvYyNs_Y/edit

Last edited by a moderator:
2569630-jeff_creeper.gif

I'm considering my first trip as a #newmoney delegate. I hope to flip my BA Derk Lerds 4 walez, steal everything not tied down, and enjoy many bottle "shares."
Excellent! I look forward to drunkenly fighting with you over some petty, imagined slight. Don't worry, none of my shitfaced haymakers will come within two feet of making contact with your person.

Real talk though I am aiming to attend for the first time. If I'm ever going to be a real boy, I have to go to at least one of these in my lifetime.

Real talk though I am aiming to attend for the first time. If I'm ever going to be a real boy, I have to go to at least one of these in my lifetime.
Same here. I'm planning on being 20 minutes late to my own St. Paddy's Day festivities, because I'll be sitting at my desk simultaneously hitting refresh on both iPad & computer like a giant nerd.

Thinking about trying for a ticket this year. Round trip airfare/hotel for Chicago is pretty cheap right now for that weekend.

I asked willseph this the other day, but why not get a few more opinions.

I need to be in Chicago for work the Mon/Tue after DLD. Planning on flying in early to at least hang around Chicago on Saturday and Sunday.

Worth it for me to fly in Friday night and figure out a way to get to/from DLD? Or would I just be better off doing bars/breweries around the city? Obviously I have no friends and would be flying solo either way.

I asked willseph this the other day, but why not get a few more opinions.

I need to be in Chicago for work the Mon/Tue after DLD. Planning on flying in early to at least hang around Chicago on Saturday and Sunday.

Worth it for me to fly in Friday night and figure out a way to get to/from DLD? Or would I just be better off doing bars/breweries around the city? Obviously I have no friends and would be flying solo either way.

Depends on where you're at in they city, but Reggie's always has shuttles to and from DLD each way so you'd have your transportation covered. Even if you don't get a ticket a lot of the fun happens outside the gates. You don't really need to get inside.

Worth it? Yes. Transportation? Take a shuttle. Lansman runs one plus there are others as well. Even if you don't get a ticket don't worry the best party is outside the fence ;)
Scuttlebutt from the other site is that he might charter two shuttles this year. Two!!

Also, and assuming ticket counts are similar to last year, it shouldn't be that hard to get a ticket to attend the event. If you want one of the special tickets that allows you to buy Dark Lord and have a chance at spending yet more money on a variant -- those will likely be scarce. Point being, it may not be impossible at all to attend the event - but if you want to walk away with Dark Lord...

Scuttlebutt from the other site is that he might charter two shuttles this year. Two!!

Also, and assuming ticket counts are similar to last year, it shouldn't be that hard to get a ticket to attend the event. If you want one of the special tickets that allows you to buy Dark Lord and have a chance at spending yet more money on a variant -- those will likely be scarce. Point being, it may not be impossible at all to attend the event - but if you want to walk away with Dark Lord...

No worries on that, either. I'm sure someone will sell you some of theirs in the parking lot. For a very reasonable markup, I'm certain.

Worth it? Yes. Transportation? Take a shuttle. Lansman runs one plus there are others as well. Even if you don't get a ticket don't worry the best party is outside the fence ;)
I heard there's a spot open on Lansman bus :(

RedCoffee i promote you to official representative of eastern Iowa/western rural burbs. I'll leave you with some secrets of success.

1) mead? (Drink lots)
2) bruery stouts (can't pass those up)
3) taster nah go MarkIntihar
4) uplands (I need some of that stuff)
5) food? (Eatin's cheatin)
6) drink whatever backfat puts in front of you
7) find Trady i swear he looks like Pauly D.
8) find elkhunter36 he'll have BA water
9) BA DL? Sell that **** for 300 bucks
10) tell everyone about your last tasting and the WHALEZ you had
11) last but not least. Need somewhere to take a snooze. There Porto pottys

These are just some of my suggestions to make your first DLD a memorable one

Last edited:

RedCoffee i promote you to official representative of eastern Iowa/western rural burbs. I'll leave you with some secrets of success.

1) mead? (Drink lots)

Great tips. Number 10 is my only reason for going.

1) mead? (Drink lots)

These tips apply to beer releases, concerts, festivals, and life in general. You should just title it "How To Be A Winner, Brah".

The timing sucks for the tickets sales! I hope I can get tickets; most of our DLD group will be at the BBA Gratitude release in Pittsburgh. I hope my ipad & phone can get me through to the site ok. Looking forward to see a bunch of you at the Hampton again this year.

Depends on where you're at in they city, but Reggie's always has shuttles to and from DLD each way so you'd have your transportation covered. Even if you don't get a ticket a lot of the fun happens outside the gates. You don't really need to get inside.

Alright, all signs point to me being in.

Just read through the some of last year's thread and have to call these two out...
I HAVE TO MAKE IT THERE NEXT YEAR. PERIOD.

Me too dad.

Back