US - Great Lakes Dark Lord Day - 2018

Help Support Talkbeer:

Her voice is worse than nails on a chalkboard, I would rather have a homeless man piss in my ears than listen to her talk again.

And I have been in and have seen tons of moshpits, everyone that I have been in no one acts like a complete sloppy idiot like that, and if they did they were taken care of and made sure it didn't happen again.

vav

because the trump thread deserves a pulitzer
Contributor
I tried to gently point this out on a Facebook group and was quickly mobbed by neckbeards saying. "No no, the exact same treatment would happen to a guy if he did this, her looks and sex had zero to do with this." Had to nope out of there.

Her interactions and responses certainly kept the drama going of course.
I'm sure this turned into a variation of the "She's asking for it" too.

vav

because the trump thread deserves a pulitzer
Contributor
Delete The Facebook. Best thing I ever did. Srs.
I kinda like it still. I mean i hate it for all the same reasons as everyone else, but i keep my wall completely open and there's lots of discussions that happen on there because of it, from politics to industry, and a very interesting mix of folks that participate. To me, that's worth it.

But yeah, if you're not paying for it you're the product and the data and etc....you're not wrong.

I kinda like it still. I mean i hate it for all the same reasons as everyone else, but i keep my wall completely open and there's lots of discussions that happen on there because of it, from politics to industry, and a very interesting mix of folks that participate. To me, that's worth it.

But yeah, if you're not paying for it you're the product and the data and etc....you're not wrong.
Your posts and subsequent discussions are certainly a highlight of my Facebook experience.

Not Dark Lord day, and not trying to hijack but you asked

A few years ago me and some buddies decided to go to a beer festival, upon getting there we decide to play a game and see who can get the most beers with spending the least amount of tickets. Well one thing led to another and I ended up finding this both with a double IPA. I don't remember what it was but me and the guy pouring it decided to get into a chugging contest. I was chugging full pours before the time he could finish half of a pour. This is where everything started to go down hill and fast.

Next to his booth was the Crisipin Cider booth, after hanging out and talking to the guy for a while he told me if I brought people to his booth he would hook me up and keep giving me free pours. I am the type of guy when drinking like that, that I am friends with everyone. So after walking around the festival and corralling everyone over to his booth I kept getting pour after pour. I cant tell you at this point how many pours I had but I was pretty drunk, and well you know what happens when you decide to eat too many apples...

After downing what seemed like gallons of cider I decided that I was hungry and instead of getting a steak and cheese I waited in the portabella mushroom wrap line. Why? I have no idea.

I then had to pee after drinking so much, I go to wait in the porta potty line and decided to was too long to wait and that I would just go piss in the woods. As soon as I started pissing I felt the urge to fart. This is where I broke the cardinal rule of never trusting a fart. That fart turned into a full blown shit, a shit that I wasn't expecting, a shit that was fueled by lots and lots of hard cider. Here is where I made the executive decision to ditch my underwear and freeball it for the rest of the festival. I start to hike further into the woods to dispose of my shitty underwear, little did I know in my drunken stupor that it was full of thorns. I had to use my arms like machetes to plow my way thru and back out.

After disposing of said underwear I then go and sit on the hill that was close by so I could relax and listen to the band. Here is where everything goes blank. Next thing I know I wake up with an ambulance and a few sheriffs surrounding me. I and wrapped in white hospital blankets, have a blood pressure cuff on me and I am getting washed down by a paramedic. He says to me " you were unresponsive for a while there". Sitting there in these blankets I realize the paramedic is actually whipping shit off my legs after my incident in the woods. My sheriffs ask me if I was there with anyone, so I call my buddies I am with.

At this point the band stops playing and realizes whats going on over on the hill, they announce over the sound system, "looks like someone had too much fun". My friends realize it was me and the sheriffs made a path thru the entire beer festival for them to come and pick me up with the car. They get me loaded up and we make the 45 minute drive back home., where I am in the back seat smelling like shit covered in hospital blankets. The entire time I was in the car all I can remember saying in my best joe dirt voice- I got the poo on me!

Fast forward to me getting home, I proceeded to pass out on the front porch, puke neon green ( I think it was from the green tortilla on my portabella wrap) and blaming my puke on out of the outside cats.

Still to this day there are only a few people that know about this story.
I’m so pissed I’m just now reading this.

Ok so I drank through all the variants last weekend, quick reviews:

1. Handjee - It's handjee, always good if not the best year. Had a bit of a burnt marshmallow thing going on.

2. Chemtrailmix - Lots of cinnamon, rye barrel comes through. Less "cinnamon toast crunch" than last years. Not worth the hype honestly.

3. French Vanilla Militia - sweet desert wine dominates, way too sweet.

4. Spaceforce! - can actually taste the adjuncts, good coffee on the nose. Pretty enjoyable.

5. Lounge Against the Macromachine - best variant of the day, lots of cinnamon, tangerine finish and tequila barrel all play nicely. This one was a surprise. Also the only one from this year I would seek out again.

6. Greatest Teachable Moments - extremely floral and ginger bomb. Ginger dominates the taste, flowers and bathroom cleaner dominate the nose. Gross overall, like drinking Fabuloso. Easily the worst variant, possibly ever (worse than Temeculan and Biggleswade)

7. Hung Drawn and Quartered - one of the better variants. I prefer straight bourbon barrel to this but it is still quite good.

8. Cavaleiro of Varnov - Tastes pretty much like regular Dark Lord at first, but a fruity almost dry sherry finish. Not bad.

9. Brozerker - Similar to Cavaleiro you get the barrel on the finish, in this case port. Which goes better with Dark Lord. Probably the best of the wine barrel variants.

10. Brotilla - actually we forgot to open this one because we were stick of em by this point.

11. Turtuledogg - probably the most divisive variant. People either liked it or hated it. Nose is burnt bandaids and peaty scotch, but after a few sips this grows on you. The sweetness of Dark Lord is balanced by the smokiness. I could sip on this for a quite no problem.

Was it fun? Yeah
Was it worth trading to fill out the lineup? Not really