Dark Lord Day - 2018

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Expecting 20 different variants!

But we really only want like 3 ?

Marshmallow
Vanilla
Coconut

Finally tried dark lord.... ('17) and it was not appealing. And I heard '17 is better (less Soy sauce) than typical.

Should I even ask - how are the BA variants so much better and the biggest question - how is the regular DL still popular?

Pit of misery dilly dilly
200w.gif

Marshmallow
Vanilla
Coconut

Finally tried dark lord.... ('17) and it was not appealing. And I heard '17 is better (less Soy sauce) than typical.

Should I even ask - how are the BA variants so much better and the biggest question - how is the regular DL still popular?

In a world of pastry stouts and backsweetened IPAs you can't be that surprised that people love a stout with the calorie load of a big mac.

Marshmallow
Vanilla
Coconut

oh edgy as ****

well bigger *****baggery is the Hampton Inn down the street doubled their rates for this weekend. That being said, I have a twin room reserved and decided not to go this year that is up for grabs.
I need my lobo time :(

That being said I still have next to no intention of actually going into the event simply want to wander the outside parties and share with you chuckles is that RH/Indy squad gonna be over on the north side again?

To those who have had it, what do people think of Ronaldo? Was contemplating looking for a bottle of this, as it seems somewhat easy to snag and I'm a fan of fruited stouts, but reviews/thoughts are all over the map for this one.

To those who have had it, what do people think of Ronaldo? Was contemplating looking for a bottle of this, as it seems somewhat easy to snag and I'm a fan of fruited stouts, but reviews/thoughts are all over the map for this one.
I have never liked it but then again, fruited stouts are pretty hit or miss for my tastes.

I haven't tried the 2017 Ronaldo, but the 2016 was fantastic. A lot of barrel presence and a pretty solid showing from the tart cherries as well, but not to the extent of other fruited stouts that feel the need to beat you over the head with their adjuncts (i.e. Lizard of Koz).

I'd say that Ronaldo is definitely worth seeking out, and has the benefit of not being one of the coveted Dark Lord variants, so you won't have to take out a second mortgage on your parent's place to obtain one.

So anyone know what's going on this year? I know tickets are starting to make their way to brewery staffs/bottle shops that have good 3F relationships.

I'm guessing an infection knocked out a big portion of the batch and they're blending like crazy to see how many tickets they can sell so that they don't have a situation like last year where they ended up giving vintages on the day of. Since that was already the plan this year I'm guessing they must have lost a variant or two.

Could also be that since the fest is 2 weeks later than it was traditionally they pushed ticket sales back 2 weeks.

So the crazy facebook rumors are true?
Ha! I have to laugh here guys and also apologize. I was getting frustrated with them not releasing the date because why not tell the public so that they can plan, right? So I posted this as a wild speculation to see what would happen or if anyone in her know anything. The timing on them announcing that is pretty ridiculous. I'm sure someone from the brewery didn't want crazy rumors or there and maybe it was something else that prompted it. If I make it this year join me in a toast while donning a tin foil hat with me.

I checked BA earlier today for info just out of curiosity, saw a 1000+ post thread where are -still- doing that stupid "Dragon Abortion" joke from last year.

giphy.gif
If I ever get some Hollywood movie money, I’m recreating the end of Jay and Silent Bob with everyone from that thread.

did you post [terrible variant joke]?
uh.. yeah..?

AdorableDistantBarasingha-size_restricted.gif

Back