Quantcast

Dave's Music

Help Support Talkbeer:

Giving it the spin on Apple Music this morning.

Thanks for the heads up.

Little dark so far, not something I normally would listen to, but find it taking me to a spot of mellow and reflective, and honestly it’s a bit depressing. Really enjoy Enough, has a great flow to it!
Thanks for listening, man. Yeah it is certainly bleak until the last two.

Thanks for listening, man. Yeah it is certainly bleak until the last two.

I think like mentioned above the layout of tracks is good. Building tension, and then a slow release to a spot of somber acceptance/relaxation.

Definitely something I’d find myself drawn to on a calm evening at the fire pit and a slow supper in the glass. Kind of daze out, and lay back.

Giving it the spin on Apple Music this morning.

Thanks for the heads up.

Little dark so far, not something I normally would listen to, but find it taking me to a spot of mellow and reflective, and honestly it’s a bit depressing. Really enjoy Enough, has a great flow to it!
Just wanted to say that this is maybe my favorite feedback so far because it tells me more than whether or not you thought it was good. It tells me that you experienced emotions, sometimes unpleasant ones. That's awesome.

One of the reasons I mostly avoided making music for years was I didn't want to make cliche "sad bastard songs". Once I realized that was an issue of vanity on my part - being worried that some highly critical folks might be like "oh, more sad guys shit, no thanks - I was able to let it go. In doing so I could learn to let the music develop as it should, free of self-imposed rules of how some might be uncomfortable at times, or think it's pretentious or cliche. That is only an issue if I let myself worry about it in the creation process, and then those critics would be right; that would be pretentious to some extent if I were to modify my output out of fear of how it would be perceived. So instead, I went with "fuck it, just do your shit and some people might connect with it."

I still worry a bit about post-release that One Long Evening might be too much for some people that are in my life, or very close to it. Not to the extent that it riddles me with anxiety or whatever, but it was the hard decision to include it in the EP. In the end, once the arrangement and order of songs were pieced together, it only made sense to say again "fuck it. It's the real deal, what is there to be afraid of?"

The grief that my inner circle is left with after an unnecessary plethora of losses is still and everyday thing to manage for most of us. 3 attendees of my wedding have have passed away. All under 40 at their time of passing. I am trying to do what I know how to to help them heal, but it might be too direct for some...or too dark. It was reassuring to hear one friend in Seattle say a number of nice words and but said at one point "especially One Long Evening....it helps."

I have since learned that one local friend is getting into amateur filmography after being inspired by my promo videos, that another has dusted off her old camera, and that another sleeping beauty is ready to make music again. I am feeling pretty good about all that.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback and honesty. Glad you were taken somewhere you wouldn't have otherwise visited and you didn't shy away from whatever discomfort you may have felt along the way.

Just wanted to say that this is maybe my favorite feedback so far because it tells me more than whether or not you thought it was good. It tells me that you experienced emotions, sometimes unpleasant ones. That's awesome.

One of the reasons I mostly avoided making music for years was I didn't want to make cliche "sad bastard songs". Once I realized that was an issue of vanity on my part - being worried that some highly critical folks might be like "oh, more sad guys shit, no thanks - I was able to let it go. In doing so I could learn to let the music develop as it should, free of self-imposed rules of how some might be uncomfortable at times, or think it's pretentious or cliche. That is only an issue if I let myself worry about it in the creation process, and then those critics would be right; that would be pretentious to some extent if I were to modify my output out of fear of how it would be perceived. So instead, I went with "fuck it, just do your shit and some people might connect with it."

I still worry a bit about post-release that One Long Evening might be too much for some people that are in my life, or very close to it. Not to the extent that it riddles me with anxiety or whatever, but it was the hard decision to include it in the EP. In the end, once the arrangement and order of songs were pieced together, it only made sense to say again "fuck it. It's the real deal, what is there to be afraid of?"

The grief that my inner circle is left with after an unnecessary plethora of losses is still and everyday thing to manage for most of us. 3 attendees of my wedding have have passed away. All under 40 at their time of passing. I am trying to do what I know how to to help them heal, but it might be too direct for some...or too dark. It was reassuring to hear one friend in Seattle say a number of nice words and but said at one point "especially One Long Evening....it helps."

I have since learned that one local friend is getting into amateur filmography after being inspired by my promo videos, that another has dusted off her old camera, and that another sleeping beauty is ready to make music again. I am feeling pretty good about all that.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback and honesty. Glad you were taken somewhere you wouldn't have otherwise visited and you didn't shy away from whatever discomfort you may have felt along the way.

I think this is spot on. During my 16-24 age timeframe I was a living and breathing music fiend. My music playing told a story of my mood, my mindset, my life pretty much.

I’ll admit i pretty much reveled in the punk, post punk, emo, screams, metal and rock genre. Always a track to fit my day.

Having always enjoyed a very wide and vast music taste, I will admit that listening today had me with those old time feelz, in Apple Music browsing and hunting some new music. Wife even came home while I had the house sonos system blasting and told me she enjoyed it it felt like our pre-kid years, haha.

Your album is rustic( not in a bad way..), and heartfelt I got. The album is laid out as a season to me. I felt the intro and the darkness, it got cold and methodical, and then surprisingly it got to the point I was expecting that it lightened up a bit, had some good vibes. Like a white knuckle pissed off drive in the night and you find yourself pulled over, accepting the feeling or fate, but in a better spot.

Gonna give it another listen tomorrow afternoon at work, and see if it finds me in a better or worse spot.

I think this is spot on. During my 16-24 age timeframe I was a living and breathing music fiend. My music playing told a story of my mood, my mindset, my life pretty much.

I’ll admit i pretty much reveled in the punk, post punk, emo, screams, metal and rock genre. Always a track to fit my day.

Having always enjoyed a very wide and vast music taste, I will admit that listening today had me with those old time feelz, in Apple Music browsing and hunting some new music. Wife even came home while I had the house sonos system blasting and told me she enjoyed it it felt like our pre-kid years, haha.

Your album is rustic( not in a bad way..), and heartfelt I got. The album is laid out as a season to me. I felt the intro and the darkness, it got cold and methodical, and then surprisingly it got to the point I was expecting that it lightened up a bit, had some good vibes. Like a white knuckle pissed off drive in the night and you find yourself pulled over, accepting the feeling or fate, but in a better spot.

Gonna give it another listen tomorrow afternoon at work, and see if it finds me in a better or worse spot.
Connection made. Dope.

I'll see you all over in the worst thread on this site. Keep doing, amigos.
Actually, I can't bring myself to go back in there after an inspired week. I'm also going to be making the effort to not look at the internet on my phone or PC while at work, so, I guess I'll see some of you while on the shitter or something. Cheers all. You matter to me.

700 attorneys across 16 offices. Plus staff. Pretty dope:

Dave Hughes (SF) releases debut album

March 25, 2018

San Francisco office services coordinator Dave Hughes recently released his official debut album Keep Doing.

For those who don’t know Hughes, he’s been an integral part of San Francisco’s office operations for more than 13 years. In the office, Hughes is part of the small yet incredibly efficient office services department that makes sure everything runs smooth behind the scenes.

“Every day is different,” said Hughes. “But I enjoy being with such a great team; one that finds solutions and handles surprises tactfully.”

While Hughes handles a number of projects in the office, outside of the office he’s been working on a personal project of his own.

“I’ve been playing music for twenty years, but this is the first time taking it to this level and sharing my music with people outside my inner circle,” said Hughes.

He began working on the album during Father’s Day last year at home in Concord, California, and recorded the rest of Keep Doing at Sabetha Studio, owned and operated by his childhood friend and fellow musician, Ken Lyon.

“Ken’s an old bandmate from when I was younger and plays the drums on the album,” explained Hughes, who plays the rest of the instruments on Keep Doing. “He’s been working on his mixing abilities for a while, and when we started putting this together I was extremely impressed with the sound quality.”

Although he had to travel two hours every time he wanted to record, Hughes feels lucky that he gets to make music out of inspiration and not for lucrative gains, and looks forward to keep making music long into the future.

“The songs on Keep Doing have been in my head for years. It feels good to finally get them to where I’m happy sharing them.”

Hughes doesn't have a favorite track. Instead he describes Keep Doing as a 20-minute song. “People don’t consume music in the same way they take in television or even a YouTube video, so we have to break albums up. But this album is intended to take the listener to a place. It’s my hope that most who chose to experience it will listen to it from beginning to end, ideally without much distraction.”

“I’m excited to share this news with the firm,” said Hughes. “Releasing my own music is terrifying and exciting, but I want this album to connect with as many people as possible. Several [firm] alumni from staff to partners have already found the time to sit down with it. The feedback has been incredible.”

If you have twenty minutes, check out Keep Doing available on iTunes, Apple Music, Amazon, Google Play, Spotify and more!

Check out his site: www.DaveHughesMusic.com . If you're interested in learning more about Keep Doing, contact Dave

Advice from anaylst at Pandora: If you make a "Dave Hughes (Rock)" Pandora radio station, you will probably have better luck finding similar stuff by building off a track ("Spent";"Walkin' Off), rather than the artist. The first station I made was off the artist and it was terrible right out thte gate, yielding a bunch of worship music. Walkn' Off Radio has been more miss than hit, but still is holding my interest. Doing any of this, thumbing up and down, REALLY helps my music to travel across Pandora's 77 million people.

Still showing his work under my pic/name. I'll get to this in time. Probably another week.
i get 2 listings (aside from the single). one listing with the album cover as the pic that has your stuff and another listing that has a picture of you (i think, drinking out of a mug) and it has all the christian stuff/comedy under it. non premium member

i get 2 listings (aside from the single). one listing with the album cover as the pic that has your stuff and another listing that has a picture of you (i think, drinking out of a mug) and it has all the christian stuff/comedy under it. non premium member
this is useful info. top played track? Mine's him bithcing about taxis or someting.

Latest posts