Quantcast

Dave's Music

Help Support Talkbeer:

I've listened to it several times, currently on beer (Sosus) and getting goosebumps near the end of "One Long Evening." Really, really good EP MrDave, gets better with each listen.
Haha, I was just mentioning you to matedog, cool I'm on my way to meet and make good on the beer that I owe him for being one of the only two people willing to defend Hillary when I first started to Bernie thread. Looking forward to one-day sharing a beer with you amigo. Glad you're connecting with the album.

Last edited:
That's for fundraising only. I might do the "darkest hour" walk or whatever the midnight 5k is for suicide awareness. Nothing incentivizes helping to raise awareness for suicide like a sexy picture of me.
"Out of the Darkness" walks, sponsored by the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention. Back in Syracuse my improv pals and I would do an annual fundraiser show for the walk called "A Little Spark". Let us know if you decide to do the fundraiser for real, as I'd definitely donate. Destigmatizing mental health issues is definitely a cause that needs more championing.

"Out of the Darkness" walks, sponsored by the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention. Back in Syracuse my improv pals and I would do an annual fundraiser show for the walk called "A Little Spark". Let us know if you decide to do the fundraiser for real, as I'd definitely donate. Destigmatizing mental health issues is definitely a cause that needs more championing.
Thanks, I'll likely jump in on one of those. Sharing info on FB now.

$4.34 from Spotify streams in March. $0.70 from Pandora for the same month. Still delays on the actual sales number. Will be interesting to see April figures. If any of you purchased it, let me know from where and which month if you would.

So I've sold less than 20 copies that I'm aware of. It turns out self-promotion is about as stupid as representing yourself in court. Still, a sincere thanks to those of you here who purchased it, and also to those streaming. Seriously, the $0.002 to $0.004 per track royalties do add up over time. More importantly than the fractions of pennies, if played enough, it starts to make it's way into app-generated playlists like Spotify's Discover Weekly or their "radio" stations. From there it has the ability to really take off.

I can only see March and April numbers, but I've generated a little over $5 from streaming services so far. Thankfully, I'm not making music for a living. It'd be cool if I were able to break even on this EP in the next year or so that I'm motivated to make more music. Keep Doing only cost me a few hundred bucks to make so breaking even is definitely a possibility.

www.davehughesmusic.com

My shit's on Instagram now in 7-15 sec sound sticker format. I'm not sure how that can possibly generate revenue, but if any of you ever use a clip of a song you might dig on post, maybe it'll catch you friends' ears.

Equinox is coming...

My hope is that I have "new" music to release every Spring. This year, it's a remixed and remastered collection of instrumental pieces I did with my good friends Ken and Tony in 2010. Ken is the drummer and recording/mixing engineer from Keep Doing (2018). Tony is more known for his visual artistry, such as his work on the film Coraline (2009) and the stop motion videos for Scrimshander (2014) and Eeels (2018). Both these guys are way more into experimental music and than I am, but together we found a cool balance.

(Link to media)

MMX - previously referred to as "untitled" - started as a multi-location recording experiment where we'd do something minimal and then pass to the next person. The first tack, for example, was a piece Ken started, flipped to me (D), then I flipped to Tony. We took our favorite versions of KTD, TDK, DKT etc and found ourselves with something we thought sounded pretty cool. It hasn't really been shared beyond our circle of friends. Those who did hear it either streamed it off my old shitty website or had some other lower quality mp3 format of these un-mastered tracks. Revisiting these pieces and cleaning them up has been a cool experience. To be able to share this stuff with the world in a week or so is pretty exciting.

Ideally, we'll be following it up next year with another collection of instrumental stuff aptly named MMXX. I'm way more into ambient shit these days so I'm expecting to put together 30-45 minutes of something nice and ethereal with these noise nerds, but I'm just as excited to be blindsided with something surprisingly different as well.

We decided we're called DKTKTD, which you could pronounce as "dick-ticketed" if you like.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:

Latest posts