David Sakolsky of Deciduous Brewing Co

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any means of contacting him to do this? I don't believe he's active on this site. Gene, could you tweet him from the TB Twitter account? He is @angstybeer

Question: if you start a reserve society, will it have a reference to blue, sacks, or anything phallic in the name?

If not....... Zero ****s given.

Question #2: Jim Koch (I think) says, "Never trust a skinny brewer." Why should we trust you?

Given your experience working at both White Birch and Hill Farmstead, will your new beers be a marriage of low-bottle count, overpriced, mostly infected bombers with overly philosophical names and liner notes that would make the Beatles Anthology look like a short story?

Hang on, trying to scan my social security card...
viWgMKU.png

Hey everyone,
I'll be in and out sporadically throughout the day. Attempting to file my life with the bank.
But to get the ball rolling...

Tell us your plans bro.

If all continues moving along well, I'll have an announcement to make the minute funding is locked (late Feb-ish) completely. Perfect world timeline, currently have four collaboration I am hoping to do (none of which are distrod in NH, going to see what I can do about that, but have some distro friends that may be able to lend a hand.) over the course of the year and be up and brewing again by December. Everything is still super tentative at this point. Even double checking any potential first use issues that may come up with namesakes and brewery names. So while it could still all change, I'm doing it or dying trying.
Like I told the old spot in May of 2013. "I want to build something 'with' people, not 'for' them." I will have an equal piece of this project out the gate. This is my goddamn swan song, and I'm trying to wear it out for years to come.

Question: if you start a reserve society, will it have a reference to blue, sacks, or anything phallic in the name?

If not....... Zero ****s given.

Question #2: Jim Koch (I think) says, "Never trust a skinny brewer." Why should we trust you?

#1: I do have plans to start a maximum three oak barrel per batch Reserve Society but not for the generic reasons of starting a Reserve Society as a form of kickstarting. Just personal philosophy there. It's not going to be the distribution method, let's put it that way. I'm sure a few names will be overtly tongue-in-cheek.
#2: I was a fat **** till I was four. Wait, how fat is Koch?!

How tall are you and how does it affect your brewing process?

I'm 6'6". Makes leaning over and into tanks nice and easy, and keeps me away from the co2 bed that used to be thick on the floor (with no co2 monitors in that spot at ALL mind you).

Given your experience working at both White Birch and Hill Farmstead, will your new beers be a marriage of low-bottle count, overpriced, mostly infected bombers with overly philosophical names and liner notes that would make the Beatles Anthology look like a short story?

Goal is currently aimed at a 15bbl system with a relatively heavy oak program. And I do have a small tendency towards longer namesakes... :)
Also, Kungfu's help will definitely be enlisted. He'll be the writer I hire to name each beer in haiku form, and help book RiffRaff for our opening party.

Q: how much beer do you have sitting in personal barrels ready to launder through whatever brewery you end up opening?

I have no personal barrels. Ah, apartment living. However the old place has about ~30bbls of beer I brewed. More gold claw (fired before dryhop though), more ragged neck (fired before packaged), a 12.8% brett c RIS with cocoa and honey (fired before finished carbonating and packaged), 16 sixtels of keg conditioned Biere De Miel with Yams, 515 -750ml bottles of bottle conditioned biere de miel with yams, 500 - 375mls of Pauls Boutique (port barrel aged BdG brewed with TN grits and aged 10 months with a mixed culture. Paul Vaughn Collab), and some assorted back kegs upstairs. So for at least the next month or two, they'll still be pushing my products.

Hope all is well guys!
David

Hey everyone,
I'll be in and out sporadically throughout the day. Attempting to file my life with the bank.
But to get the ball rolling...

If all continues moving along well, I'll have an announcement to make the minute funding is locked (late Feb-ish) completely. Perfect world timeline, currently have four collaboration I am hoping to do (none of which are distrod in NH, going to see what I can do about that, but have some distro friends that may be able to lend a hand.) over the course of the year and be up and brewing again by December. Everything is still super tentative at this point. Even double checking any potential first use issues that may come up with namesakes and brewery names. So while it could still all change, I'm doing it or dying trying.
Like I told the old spot in May of 2013. "I want to build something 'with' people, not 'for' them." I will have an equal piece of this project out the gate. This is my goddamn swan song, and I'm trying to wear it out for years to come.

#1: I do have plans to start a maximum three oak barrel per batch Reserve Society but not for the generic reasons of starting a Reserve Society as a form of kickstarting. Just personal philosophy there. It's not going to be the distribution method, let's put it that way. I'm sure a few names will be overtly tongue-in-cheek.
#2: I was a fat **** till I was four. Wait, how fat is Koch?!

I'm 6'6". Makes leaning over and into tanks nice and easy, and keeps me away from the co2 bed that used to be thick on the floor (with no co2 monitors in that spot at ALL mind you).

Goal is currently aimed at a 15bbl system with a relatively heavy oak program. And I do have a small tendency towards longer namesakes... :)
Also, Kungfu's help will definitely be enlisted. He'll be the writer I hire to name each beer in haiku form, and help book RiffRaff for our opening party.

I have no personal barrels. Ah, apartment living. However the old place has about ~30bbls of beer I brewed. More gold claw (fired before dryhop though), more ragged neck (fired before packaged), a 12.8% brett c RIS with cocoa and honey (fired before finished carbonating and packaged), 16 sixtels of keg conditioned Biere De Miel with Yams, 515 -750ml bottles of bottle conditioned biere de miel with yams, 500 - 375mls of Pauls Boutique (port barrel aged BdG brewed with TN grits and aged 10 months with a mixed culture. Paul Vaughn Collab), and some assorted back kegs upstairs. So for at least the next month or two, they'll still be pushing my products.

Hope all is well guys!
David

soccer-fan-YES.gif

Just read the AMA rules and I think I ****ed this up (**** yeah hindsight). Was I supposed to make a new thread for the answers? Regardless thanks for letting me get the info out!

ShogoKawada Blueberry extract is a staple of Maine ;) But I wonder if all it takes for a cult following are massive amounts of corn syrup...

Hope all is well,
David

Just read the AMA rules and I think I ****ed this up (**** yeah hindsight). Was I supposed to make a new thread for the answers? Regardless thanks for letting me get the info out!

ShogoKawada Blueberry extract is a staple of Maine ;) But I wonder if all it takes for a cult following are massive amounts of corn syrup...

Hope all is well,
David

Nah man you're doin' just fine.

Hey Dave,

Sounds like things are going to be busy this year - in the event that you have any downtime, would you consider brewing a collab with some of the smaller guys in NH to get some of your stuff out their in local distribution? I'd think that something with the ladies at Throwback or Thomas at Candia Road would be pretty cool and could help either of them get their brand out there a bit more (and since all three of them are fantastic people/zero ego.)

BTW, you've been cool with fielding a few homebrewing questions for me in the past, so thanks for that.

Haha, i knorite? Facebook is so ****ing dumb.

Dave,

Is it physically painful to talk so vaguely on Twitter?
Haha, I have put more info in this thread than anywhere else (other than banks and draft accounts). But I'm staying vague until funding is approved... And after. :)

Hey Dave,

Sounds like things are going to be busy this year - in the event that you have any downtime, would you consider brewing a collab with some of the smaller guys in NH to get some of your stuff out their in local distribution? I'd think that something with the ladies at Throwback or Thomas at Candia Road would be pretty cool and could help either of them get their brand out there a bit more (and since all three of them are fantastic people/zero ego.)

BTW, you've been cool with fielding a few homebrewing questions for me in the past, so thanks for that.
No worries man. I do love to chat beer haha.
Currently have one NH brewery I am in talks with about a collab (#5). There is some method to this madness that will make sense in time. Had to end on a vague note. :)

Haha, I have put more info in this thread than anywhere else (other than banks and draft accounts). But I'm staying vague until funding is approved... And after. :)

No worries man. I do love to chat beer haha.
Currently have one NH brewery I am in talks with about a collab (#5). There is some method to this madness that will make sense in time. Had to end on a vague note. :)

Yep - understandable. Good luck on getting things rolling this year. Looking forward to when Grumpy Dwarf makes Paul's Boutique available to us.

Back