DDT 05/16/2019 Potty Training Tips Needed

Help Support Talkbeer:

(Link to media)

Been on vacation all week so I've been getting a lot of quality one on one time with our son before his brother arrives any day now.

I need some potty training tips. I've tried bribing with M&M's when he goes, praising him, shooting cheerios, etc. Even shaming, telling him the neighbor kids dont want to play with him if he wears diapers. But nothing seems to do it. I tell him to go to the potty, he smiles and pisses his diaper. He's 3. We've been trying for months. No idea what else to do. Good times.

Trady

Staff member
(Link to media)

Been on vacation all week so I've been getting a lot of quality one on one time with our son before his brother arrives any day now.

I need some potty training tips. I've tried bribing with M&M's when he goes, praising him, shooting cheerios, etc. Even shaming, telling him the neighbor kids dont want to play with him if he wears diapers. But nothing seems to do it. I tell him to go to the potty, he smiles and pisses his diaper. He's 3. We've been trying for months. No idea what else to do. Good times.
Luckily it's getting to be the time of year that you can just leave them to run around without pants on.

My 3 year old is starting to ask to go potty when he wants to pee, as well as waking up dry, so he's getting there.

Still sneakily shits his pants all the time, but one step at a time. May the odds be ever in your favor.

(Link to media)

Sometimes you can't force a kid to do something until they're ready. We tried a chart and rewards with my daughter, but nothing really stuck until one day she just wanted to do it and she was 100% perfect at it. I hope you're just joking about shaming him cause that's a fucking terrible idea.

(Link to media)

Sounds like it's time for a long naked weekend. Seriously. No clothes and rush to the potty.

(Link to media)

Put on the underwear, throw away the diapers. After pissing his pants a couple times he'll hopefully hate it so much he never does it again.

If that doesn't work try something else ;)

Tupps Full Grown Scallywag

Luckily it's getting to be the time of year that you can just leave them to run around without pants on.

My 3 year old is starting to ask to go potty when he wants to pee, as well as waking up dry, so he's getting there.

Still sneakily shits his pants all the time, but one step at a time. May the odds be ever in your favor.
Apple doesn't fall far ;)

Latest posts