AMA De Garde Brewing

Help Support Talkbeer:

What is your favorite degardebrewing beer so far? Do you ever hang around the gymnasium?
1) Lee Noir. It has the delicate balance and complexity I prefer while still having an overall assertive character. Great earthy funx. Never going to fare well in an American wild ale lineup as it seems the trend is towards more assertive/aggressive sours, but it's closer to where my taste lies.
2) I lift grain sacks and barrels a lot... In all honesty, I should, but years of commercial fishing make it a bit more painful than I'd like. Getting my lift on with bottle curls. Many reps.

1) Lee Noir. It has the delicate balance and complexity I prefer while still having an overall assertive character. Great earthy funx. Never going to fare well in an American wild ale lineup as it seems the trend is towards more assertive/aggressive sours, but it's closer to where my taste lies.
2) I lift grain sacks and barrels a lot... In all honesty, I should, but years of commercial fishing make it a bit more painful than I'd like. Getting my lift on with bottle curls. Many reps.
Trevor, I opened one of my bottles of Lee Noir at a big bottle share in Columbia last weekend, and everyone who had it pretty much universally agreed that it was up there with Black Tuesday and Grey Monday for the best beer of the day. It was also the only bottle I popped where multiple people came looking for top-off pours after trying it.

Is there any effort being put forth to seriously consider the cow fart system of grading your beers?
Affixing something to your labels would be beneficial.

Grandma's walking cow farts...
Wet pasture cow fart...
The milks gone bad cow fart...

nomsayin?

Is there any effort being put forth to seriously consider the cow fart system of grading your beers?
Affixing something to your labels would be beneficial.

Grandma's walking cow farts...
Wet pasture cow fart...
The milks gone bad cow fart...

nomsayin?
Not a bad idea.
We do struggle with differentiating the different styles of our beer. I mean, they're all fermented with our local yeast and bacteria, but something like our hoppy brews are obviously very different from something like the Lee series. If it says wild on the label though, people expect sour, and a lot of our brew isn't by intention. We may need to write a novel to tell people what to expect and how to treat it.

Honestly, it's been an internal discussion from the beginning, and we just haven't decided how to move forward. So you can continue to look for our janky ass, uninformative, and downright insulting labels for the near future at least.

Or just ask about the cow flatulence for a particular batch.
Imperial Vin Bu has terrific gas. Free range grazing on a kidney bean pasture. Very mature. The extra couple months in barrels beyond the other iterations made it happy. But you've gotta love our funkier Berliners.

Edit: also, with the vagaries of aging wild beer, I'd hate to say that a particular beer is light on the pucky and have someone sit on one for a few years and open a funk bomb.

Latest posts