de Garde Glassware Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theMang

Reaction score
I am creating this thread to help get information out there for the de Garde glassware that has been released. This is one of my collecting focuses and I couldn't find a solid source of information so I figured I would create it.

Feel free to let me know if my information is wrong and I can update it when necessary.

Not all of these pictures are mine (as I don't have all of these glasses.)

Tulip - Grand Opening
72 Made - Oct 2013 Lee Noir / Vin Rougie Release

Tall Pilsner - 1st Anniversary, May 2014

Standard Tulip

Stem - Keepers Q4 Release 2014 - Nov 22, 2014

Sundae Glass - Jan/Feb 2014 Event Approx 300 made

Keeper's Mug

Flute - Q1 2015 Event Release

2nd Anniversary Glass - May 2, 2015

Tasting Room - Mini Snifter / Taster - Jan 2015

Whale Cow Glass

Tipsy Cow Glass

Tin bucket glass

Q3 2015 Quarterly Event Glass

Just have to find a niche.

Exactly. I ended up focusing on 3 areas: de Garde, Huna Day and Pegs/Cycle. Plenty of glasses I still need that will be a challenge. *even though I still get caught up in the new stuff that is outside these areas.

Like Duvel glasses? Fantome chopes?
I got my niche. Its enough to keep me in the game a little bit. But all the #newglass be making me dizzy.
Trust me, #oldglass makes me dizzy too, but once I started focusing on my collections (mostly Duvel and Trappist stuff) and stopped chasing the flavor of the month, the hobby became more enjoyable again. I have been getting rid of a bunch of glasses I don't like/use, but still have 400+ in the collection. Being in the BIF has helped me not buy for the past couple of months. Once the BIF is over, I am going to seriously sit down and decide what I want and what I don't want anymore, possibly including the Fantome chope (regularjohn just seeing if you are paying attention). One of my most prized glasses left my collection last week, but it is going to someone who will appreciate it more than me. The best part of the glassware game is the community we have established. There are some really generous people in this hobby, and we tend to take care of each other without trying to "win" any trades like you sometimes see in the general craft beer scene.

Trust me, #oldglass makes me dizzy too, but once I started focusing on my collections (mostly Duvel and Trappist stuff) and stopped chasing the flavor of the month, the hobby became more enjoyable again. I have been getting rid of a bunch of glasses I don't like/use, but still have 400+ in the collection. Being in the BIF has helped me not buy for the past couple of months. Once the BIF is over, I am going to seriously sit down and decide what I want and what I don't want anymore, possibly including the Fantome chope (regularjohn just seeing if you are paying attention). One of my most prized glasses left my collection last week, but it is going to someone who will appreciate it more than me. The best part of the glassware game is the community we have established. There are some really generous people in this hobby, and we tend to take care of each other without trying to "win" any trades like you sometimes see in the general craft beer scene.
Agreed. Glassgeeks so much easier to deal with.
I want to pair down my stash but what a chore making a list and getting pics. Ug.

Thanks for illuminating me that my keepers trustee is a thief and not sending me my glassware...
Correct me if I'm wrong here degardebrewing but I think they only give out the one glass to drink from for the party. As far as I know they are only handed out for the event and not actually part of the membership.

Agreed. Glassgeeks so much easier to deal with.
I want to pair down my stash but what a chore making a list and getting pics. Ug.

been working on this myself too for the past few weeks here and there when I have some time.

my new focus is mini sniffers and a few breweries and then no more than a single glass from breweries that I acutely drink beer from.

the inventory in is a nightmare but makes for easier cut decisions. I am definitely gonna have a few glasswhales up for trade pretty soon

don't tease me like that! ;)
i agree 100% here, i've taken a long break from chasing new glassware because it gets pretty exhausting. i think its more fun to scoop up vintage ones that aren't even particularly rare just ones i like.

I know them feels, took a while, but it is a very useful tool for me when hunting for glasses to be able to look at my glasses online. Such subtle differences in some of the stuff I chase.
Glass list
Those Eylenbosch glasses... hnnnnng. If you're ever looking to part with one I could be your huckleberry ;)

Just to keep this on topic
517758568_640.jpg

been working on this myself too for the past few weeks here and there when I have some time.

my new focus is mini sniffers and a few breweries and then no more than a single glass from breweries that I acutely drink beer from.

the inventory in is a nightmare but makes for easier cut decisions. I am definitely gonna have a few glasswhales up for trade pretty soon
Perhaps a Bigfoot ? :eek:

Just curious, what do the stem and grand opening tulip go/trade for?

Since the grand opening was so limited (72 total or something close to that) finding a person willing to trade one can be difficult. It has gotten done but would likely take a special glass to close the deal.

The stem isn't anymore rare than most of the other event/keepers glasses released each quarter but seems tough to track down. Stems are popular and are also a bit more fragile/harder to ship.

Your best bet is to post up something and adjust until it catches the right set of eyes (or stalk IG and pray.)

I'd love to have both (only need these two and the tin bucket glass to complete a full set) but have not decided to offer up something like the RR Friendship or similar.

Since the grand opening was so limited (72 total or something close to that) finding a person willing to trade one can be difficult. It has gotten done but would likely take a special glass to close the deal.

The stem isn't anymore rare than most of the other event/keepers glasses released each quarter but seems tough to track down. Stems are popular and are also a bit more fragile/harder to ship.

Your best bet is to post up something and adjust until it catches the right set of eyes (or stalk IG and pray.)

I'd love to have both (only need these two and the tin bucket glass to complete a full set) but have not decided to offer up something like the RR Friendship or similar.
I have both, was thinking about getting rid of them.
43jmhql.jpg

Don't play with my emotions!

3weHyJj.gif
Not playing around, trying to get rid of a lot of my American glassware to make room for more Duvels and vintage trappist/lambic glasses. Have started selling some glasses over on glasswhales, very surprised regularjohn hasn't seen what I posted earlier tonight. Am down to trade for beer or glassware, or I might end up trying to sell the De Garde glasses over there too.

Not playing around, trying to get rid of a lot of my American glassware to make room for more Duvels and vintage trappist/lambic glasses. Have started selling some glasses over on glasswhales, very surprised regularjohn hasn't seen what I posted earlier tonight. Am down to trade for beer or glassware, or I might end up trying to sell the De Garde glasses over there too.
635760014698989226405540104_crazy%20dancing.gif

Anyone here need 1 or 2 De Garde Pilsner glasses? I figured I'd post here before posting a FT up. Open to beer, cost+label, or lambic glassware in exchange.

Looking for a whale glass if anyone is looking to move one. Can trade beer.. Don't have much glassware yet. I do have a See The Stars glass if that would be of interest.

Looking for a whale glass if anyone is looking to move one. Can trade beer.. Don't have much glassware yet. I do have a See The Stars glass if that would be of interest.

Post an ISO/FT and I'm sure someone will be willing to do that. Not a lot of people look here vs the main trade area.

Just curious, what do the stem and grand opening tulip go/trade for?

I traded one of my stems (I go with my wife, so have 2 of a few glasses) for several harder to get beers, but I tossed in some locals to even out $4$. That thing is so beautiful, I rarely drink out of it.

Back