US - Mid-Atlantic Definitive Washington DC visit thread

Help Support Talkbeer:

Haven't been yet but the girlfriend and I were given two tickets to the NYE event as a Christmas gift. $160 for any open bar in DC is fairly standard, let alone an open bar with options like bluejacket.

Edit: standard for an NYE open bar I mean.
Perhaps I will meet ya there Steven! 99% sure the wife and two friends will be in attendance.

Has anyone been to Blue Jacket recently? I'm thinking about headed to the brewery tomorrow maybe. Also considering the NYE party they are throwing. I guess 160$ isn't ridiculous for a ticket, but I rarely go out for ticketed NYE events.
Beer was good. I went within the first 2 weeks of opening. it was full of the worst hipsters imaginable. was really hard to get a drink and a 3 hour wait for a table. I don;t go into the city very often so I hope it's settled down a bit. will definitely go to pregame some nats games next season tho

Spent a few hours at Blue Jacket with bum732 yesterday. Tried their entire line up (20 draft, 5 cask). There were some highlights and some bombs.

Highlights: The Panther (schwarzbier), Black Eye (porter), Scarecrow (Saison), Scarecrow on cask w/simcoe, Mexican radio (Milk Stout),

Bombs: 9lb hammer (DIPA - smelled terrible/tasted terrible), Seersucker (berliner - too wheaty), Trouble ( Oud Bruin - smelled solventy)

Overall, a cool spot to hang out at. Foodwise, I ordered their Texas Burger Deluxe and it was delicious.

Spent a few hours at Blue Jacket with bum732 yesterday. Tried their entire line up (20 draft, 5 cask). There were some highlights and some bombs.

Highlights: The Panther (schwarzbier), Black Eye (porter), Scarecrow (Saison), Scarecrow on cask w/simcoe, Mexican radio (Milk Stout),

Bombs: 9lb hammer (DIPA - smelled terrible/tasted terrible), Seersucker (berliner - too wheaty), Trouble ( Oud Bruin - smelled solventy)

Overall, a cool spot to hang out at. Foodwise, I ordered their Texas Burger Deluxe and it was delicious.

Shame about the berliner and the oud bruin. Going to still try the berliner myself though, I'm a berliner fiend and typically don't mind wheatyness. Worth a shot since it's an open bar.

I'll absolutely be checking out the highlights you mentioned!

Shame about the berliner and the oud bruin. Going to still try the berliner myself though, I'm a berliner fiend and typically don't mind wheatyness. Worth a shot since it's an open bar.

Perhaps they will have Forgotton Planet on tap for the NYE event. T'was a shame their most raved about beer wasn't on tap yesterday. Oh well, I will be back! Enjoy the festivities. Wish I was there!

How was the NYE event? Any thoughts on the beer?

Was an awesome event. Beer was also great. Mexican radio was probably the highlight though. Was expecting it to be packed but it was actually really reasonable.

They also waited on us hand and foot all night, too. At one point my buddy off handedly said 'man, I could go for some wing.' Turned out one of the wait staff members heard and wings were on our table in 5 minutes.

Anyone else going by DC Brau tomorrow for Growler hours? I'm driving in from Fairfax. Figure may as well try the new IPA!

Latest posts